Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame TV 2019 not uploading all photos

(Topic created on: 06-01-2020 07:17 PM)
IanLeonard
First Poster
Options

My Frame TV model number QE55LS03RAUXXU will only upload some photos from my phone but not others! There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, they are all 1600 x 900, all under 2mb in size etc etc. 

I get the error:

Failed to save 1 images to the Frame, please try again (04210)

Any ideas?

24 REPLIES 24
Steve51
First Poster
Options

I bought a TV for my father. Same issue with with getting photos onto it via the SmartThings app (on iOS). 
What we did find after getting that error message ("Failed to save 1 images to the Frame, please try again") is that often the photos were in fact saved to the phone (some or sometimes all). If you just keep trying to upload them, one or two at a time, then eventually they upload, despite the error message that they have not been saved.

0 Likes
Novan1
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. TV arrived today, 2020 model 43 inch. Screen casting from phone works fine, smart things hook up works. Sending photos to Art works until you have decided on photo and frame and color... than the upload fails.... 

Great the biggest reason to buy this tv... Samsung helpdesk was polite and it seemed to work with a picture.... but not anymore. Very unstable. What to do Samsung?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Novan1 ,

are you able to confirm with the phone and software version are you using? Have you tried to upload this using a USB memory stick instead? You can do this by following these steps:

1. Connect a USB drive containing your photos to the TV.

2. While The Frame is in Art Mode, press Select on your OneRemote.

3. Use the directional pad on the OneRemote to move to My Collection, and then move to and select the connected storage device.

4. Use the directional pad on the OneRemote to browse through the pictures. To import images, move to and select Save at the top of the screen.

5. Highlight and select Save Selected to import the selected images.

Note: Do not remove the USB drive while the images are saving to The Frame.

6. To view the image you just imported, navigate to My Collection > My Photos.

0 Likes
GruffyddParry
Student
Options

Not a good enough answer there Samsung. Surely you are able to figure out how to transfer an image over WiFi without using a USB stick... 

I have the same issue here with my 2020 42" frame TV. 

Uploading a mounted version of a picture gives "WiFi lost connection" error. Uploading images (save to frame rather than mount) has connection error.

The TV is on the network connected by ethernet cable and is streaming TV shows fine. My phone is on WiFi, and has no issues connecting. 

GruffyddParry
Student
Options

I got mine working by making sure both TV and phone were on WiFi. I don't know why it isn't enough to be on the same network, but thought I would share in case it also solves others issue. 

Novan1
First Poster
Options

This works for me to. Same wifi is a must when uploading photo's to the TV.

But... when using  Smart View ( screen casting or mirroring) I found that the TV has to be hooked up via a network cable! Otherwise my phone(s) and tablets cannot find the TV or can find it but not mirror to them. In any case it is very unstable.

I have the TV hooked up via a network cable to the router. When I want new pictures from my phone on the TV, I make the TV to use the Wifi connection first, then upload the pictures and then go back to the previous setup with a cabled connection.

The app SmartThings works in both modes (except for the casting part on Wifi). So controlling the TV with the phone for instance works fine.

It's a work around (wouldnt call it a hack) to use a different TV connection for the task at hand, but it works!

I do get a pop up, now and again, that my 'network cable RJ-45 is now connected'. Of course it is, it is the whole time... I can just click 'ok', but it is weird that it does this.

0 Likes
DefinitelyLava
First Poster
Options

I had this issue with the 2020 model. Advice around ensuring photos were exactly the right ratio did not work. 

A fix that did work was temporarily connecting my tv to my mobile phone hotspot (rather than my normal wifi) and uploading the photos from that phone. That instantly solved the problem and allowed all photos (no matter the ratio) to be uploaded.  I reverted back to normal wifi afterwards with no issues with the uploaded photos.

It does mean that each time I want to upload photos, I have to switch to the hotspot. 

Eric007
Journeyman
Options

I had a 2019 Frame and it did upload from my iPad or iPhone via Smart Things App when connected by Ethernet. (Usually).

Just updated to 2020 65" and it I would always get  the error message saying they didn't upload. I did use the usb method and it worked, but just now I connected with WiFi and the uploaded, so thanks for the tip. Hopefully, Samsung will fix it, but ...

0 Likes
wunnspeed
Student
Options

I just got a 75" a couple of weeks ago and have attempted, multiple times, to upload photos to the TV. No luck. Same message as everyone else.... Photo not uploaded.

The 1 Connect box is inside a box behind the TV.... so, access to the USB would take two people to move the TV to then mount the USB before attempting to do all the rest of the steps. Er, no.

Yes, they're both on the same network/wifi.... given that's the only wifi that either are here to attach to.

There's got to be an easier way to do this.

0 Likes