Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q70R 55 inch - source issue

(Topic created on: 06-01-2020 04:27 PM)
BennyCe
Apprentice
Options

So I've replaced a Samsung UE48H6700 with the new Q70R 55 inch, and I got a SkyBox, Amazon FireStick 4K and another satellite receiver plugged in. 

Other than the stupid design of unplugging a HDMI cable, then the TV scans for the device and often asks you to set it up again, the biggest issue I am having is if I change to the Satellite receiver (not the Sky box), very often, I just get a black screen, no sound and I don't see the menu's of the receiver in question.

I need to either physically restart the receiver using the on/off switch on the back of the receiver or try my luck of doing it via the remote control numeours times before I get the image back on the TV. 

I've replaced 3 HDMI cables so far (current one is HDMI 2.0 cable), did the tests from the TV menu, all good. This was never an issue with the older Samsung TV's, just the Q70R! 

I think it's trying to be too smart, when I set it up as a satellite receiver, I had to pick a random make as the receiver isn't on the list. I have also tried doing this without the HDMI CEC, same thing! 

Question is, is there a way to make a particular port dumb, maybe even all of them, like they used to be, you plug a source, you switch to it and it'll work! None of this stupidify of setting it up etc. Each device has its own remote, I have no issues with using each souces own remote control! 

I spoke to Samsung support who were of no help, he even saw the issue himself via remote support, cable/HDMI port was all fine! It's not the cable or the receiver, as they both work, just that the TV refuses to accept the signal from time to time, and a restart correct the problem, but it becomes annoying having to this, every single day! 

I am beginning to have regrets buying this TV, used to like Samsung TV's but they've gone over the top with stupidity.

Additional info: I am on the latest firmware, checked today (6th Jan 2020). 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
sushops
First Poster
Options

Hi

Did this ever get resolved as we have the same issue and is so annoying.  Have changed cables a couple of times and still comes back?

Thanks

0 Likes
BennyCe
Apprentice
Options

not fixed, updated the firmware to the later version, same thing. Samsung support are next to useless, they even logged on remotely to see the issue, they got to see a black screen, now they ask to see it again! 

0 Likes