Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Hard Drive

(Topic created on: 09-01-2021 03:42 PM)
SammySetra
Apprentice
Options

I have a UE55H6700ST TV. I have an external hard drive plugged into the USB port and I have been recording programmes without any problems. When I first plugged the hard drive into the TV it was automatically formatted before the first recording was made.

Prior to getting my Samsung TV I had a Humax Freesat digital box and recorder. I’ve built up about 10 years worth of recordings which I have downloaded onto a separate 4GB hard drive filed by theme. I’d like to transfer the programmes I’ve recorded from my Samsung TV onto the 4GB hard drive. When I plug the hard drive from my Samsung into either a Windows computer or MacBook the drive isn’t recognised. 

Does anyone know what format my Samsung TV uses and what software I might need to be able to read the disc when I plug it into my Windows laptop or MacBook. Thanks so much.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What error do you see in Win10 Device Manager? Also make sure NTFS is not the file system on the drive.
0 Likes
SammySetra
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for responding.

When I plug the drive from my Samsung TV into either my laptop or MacBook it’s not recognised. I’ve tried trying to find it using the Device Manager on my laptop, but it is not showing up. Sorry, I’m a bit of a novice with this!  

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
OK, the hdd should be in exfat format so both computers should see it. Try different USB sockets on both computers and locate and install drivers for the HDD beforehand.
0 Likes
SammySetra
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. I tried swapping the USB sockets around and it didn’t make any difference, I’ll try again, downloading the drivers for the external hard drive first. 

0 Likes
SammySetra
Apprentice
Options

I got it sorted. I downloaded ExtFS on my MacBook which read the hard drive that I was recording to from my Samsung TV. I was able to consolidate all the recordings from the TV onto one hard drive which I formatted into EXT4.

Thanks for your help.