Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

ERROR CODE 202 SAMSUNG TV ISP BLOCKING SERVICE HELP!

(Topic created on: 08-11-2020 04:17 AM)
Brandofosho
First Poster
Options

Getting Error code 202 when trying to use apps or do anything on my tv via wifi.. The strange thing is I get "connected to the internet" via wifi, but then trying to use Netflix, hulu, etc...it doesn't work...digging deeper I found that I "cannot connect to smart hub" because there is an "ip blocking the service. error code 202." Everything works fine when I hard wire a lan cable...but that's not practical for my setup.

Ive had the tv for a solid 8 months and it worked fine..this just started happening.

No clue what to do... So far I've: 

- factory reset the tv

- reset network

- put DNS server to 8888

- updated software (via lan)

- unplugged tv for 5 min

- called internet provider..they assured me there was no block on their end...

Need help getting tv to connect to my wifi. very strong speeds..good modem/router (netgear NightHawk and Orbi mesh system)

Again, everything's been fine for 8 months. I've done nothing different..Please help! I've looked everywhere! Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SuperMom
First Poster
Options

I found a solution! I had to call my cable company and they walked me through these steps:

1. Unplug modem, let it power off

2. Unplug wifi router, let it power off

3. Unplug TV, let it power off

4. Plug in modem, let it power up

5. Plug in wifi router, let it power up

6. Plug in TV, let it power up

This is what worked for me. Something about disconnecting every piece of equipment one by one and then powering back on one by one allowed the connections to be reestablished. Hope I can help someone else with these steps.

View solution in context

29 REPLIES 29
Borntokill_marine
First Poster
Options

Same thing happening to me same router nighthawk

0 Likes
MihailEd
First Poster
Options

There is always a challenge Netgear vs Samsung, I use to have 102 error but I solved via https://mrfindfix.com/errors/tv-errors/samsung-tv-error-code-102/

0 Likes
Henokk
First Poster
Options

Same thing with me too...

So has it worked after 3 weeks or what.

0 Likes
Ja6on
First Poster
Options

I has this issue. I reset my router then reinstalled the prime app. Kept going to the prime app then anther app (bbc) then prime then it then prime and then it worked.

25pardais
Student
Options

I have exactly the same problem as the "brandofosho". In my case, I have a smartv model QE55Q70TAT and the problem happened today. Unexpectedly. I have had this TV for 5 months and I have never had this problem.
I have already taken the same steps, presented by MihailEd and Brandsho. Unfortunately, to no avail.
From November until today, Bransho, did you solve the problem? tell me how?
Thanks

0 Likes
Nic Nic
First Poster
Options

Am having the same problem out of nowhere.  I need help here.

0 Likes
Manomolly
First Poster
Options

I had exactly the same problem with my Samsung and Xfinity TV and this is what I did:
- Go to the network configuration of the TV
- Select "IP settings".
- Manual configuration :
IP address 10.0.0.86
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.255.0
Gateway 10.0.0.1
DNS 75.75.75.76

It's works for me :smiling-face:

Deborah Maclellan
First Poster
Options

Brand new QLED8 TV and no matter what I do I cannot get connected to WiFi. I keep getting error code 202 . So now what do I do?

0 Likes
elenainez
First Poster
Options

Has anyone found the answer to this problem (which we also have...) I.e worked fine

for months now suddenly it has stopped working and cannot get any of my streaming services.

0 Likes