Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

ERROR CODE 202 SAMSUNG TV ISP BLOCKING SERVICE HELP!

(Topic created on: 08-11-2020 04:17 AM)
Brandofosho
First Poster
Options

Getting Error code 202 when trying to use apps or do anything on my tv via wifi.. The strange thing is I get "connected to the internet" via wifi, but then trying to use Netflix, hulu, etc...it doesn't work...digging deeper I found that I "cannot connect to smart hub" because there is an "ip blocking the service. error code 202." Everything works fine when I hard wire a lan cable...but that's not practical for my setup.

Ive had the tv for a solid 8 months and it worked fine..this just started happening.

No clue what to do... So far I've: 

- factory reset the tv

- reset network

- put DNS server to 8888

- updated software (via lan)

- unplugged tv for 5 min

- called internet provider..they assured me there was no block on their end...

Need help getting tv to connect to my wifi. very strong speeds..good modem/router (netgear NightHawk and Orbi mesh system)

Again, everything's been fine for 8 months. I've done nothing different..Please help! I've looked everywhere! Thanks!

Go to solution
29 REPLIES 29
DJH_633
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. I have a UN55TU8000.. I tried all the troubleshooting steps. Same as others have stated.   TV worked fine for months, then all of a sudden this started happening.

Samsung, please help. 

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @DJH_633 

As this is an American model, we're limited in what we can do. So, we suggest reaching out to Samsung Support in your region, as they'll be able to look into it further for you. 

0 Likes
Omustafa299
First Poster
Options

I was able to fix this issue by checking my network settings, I thought I was on my home wifi network but for some reason my Samsung tv connected to the general “Xfinitywifi” network. After reconnecting to my home network I was able to access all of my apps again. 

0 Likes
Solution
SuperMom
First Poster
Options

I found a solution! I had to call my cable company and they walked me through these steps:

1. Unplug modem, let it power off

2. Unplug wifi router, let it power off

3. Unplug TV, let it power off

4. Plug in modem, let it power up

5. Plug in wifi router, let it power up

6. Plug in TV, let it power up

This is what worked for me. Something about disconnecting every piece of equipment one by one and then powering back on one by one allowed the connections to be reestablished. Hope I can help someone else with these steps.

Rustyeast
Journeyman
Options

I switched off and unplugged everything, re connected them all again, still could not get TVNZ on demand msg was that it was under maintenance. Could get all the other apps to work. So I tried selecting Prime, then TVNZ. It works !!! Amazing. Thanks for the tip!!

0 Likes
Thumbelina10363
First Poster
Options

Someone replied with checking Wi-Fi settings on tv. I turned  off tv, router, sky box etc, still didn’t work , my wife in tv setting wasn’t set to my Wi-Fi. I corrected this and now my tv connects to the internet. 

0 Likes
greenguy
Student
Options

Too many 225's in the octet.  No idea how this worked?

0 Likes
greenguy
Student
Options

I have a UN55TU8000 and an ARRIS AT&T (BGW210-700) modem/router.  I used to have a Cox modem/router (motorola) .  When the AT&T modem/router was installed, the problem started to occur but not right away.  Over a period of a month or so, it started to occur more frequently and the steps to clear the issue became more involved almost as if the the TV had some kind of AI working against me.  By the time 2 couple of months past nothing would clear the problem including ALL of the so called solutions on here and on the internet.  I finally contacted AT&T after using the Device Care Diagnostics on the TV and finding the most common error was ISB Blocking (error 102) and told AT&T that the problem was on their side.  The agent logged into my router and set the IP pass-through in the firewall settings to manual and pointed it to the mac address of my TV and without any resetting, power cycling, or other gyrations the TV connection via the wired port and wireless port was perfect.  Note: that if the connection is not working correctly the tests performed in the Device Care Diagnostics will go very slowly as each step will take a minute to time out and most often you will not know the real cause of the failure; just that it reports that last failure. (DNS vs ISP vs something else).  When it is working the diagnostic tests fly by taking 3 seconds maximum for each of the 5 steps.  The IP forwarding solution stinks since now the only device connected that has full internet access is the TV.  The other connected wireless devices all are crippled in some way, such as computers are only able to access certain popular websites and wifi calling does not work.

The real problem is that Samsung is not forth coming and open about  exactly what is required for its TV to access the internet, such as what ports it requires, and any special filtering rules.  Setting this up in the router would be much better than simply IP forwarding (letter everything for that specific device go through) at the expense of everything else.  Today's Routers are very smart and could handle this on a device by device basis.  So how about it Samsung?  You going to stop making us go through all the gyrations only for a temporary fix that reverts back to a broken system every time we turn the TV off and back on again? 

I have another solution as well.  My son's TV, a VISIO, works fine without any special adjustments needed in the router.

wet_baller416
First Poster
Options

Had the same issue. Searched online for days and for some reason this worked. Thank You.

0 Likes
Americanyoshi
First Poster
Options

I just ran into this issue :(. I tried the steps by unplugging and plugging back in but that didn't work. 

My fix was to delete a couple of apps I never used and somehow were installed on the TV? Then clean running Apps and clean cached memory

All of this is under  the TV Device Manager screen. Settings->TV Device Manager

Not sure which of these did the actual fix but it worked for me. Hopes this helps someone, this came out of the blue. I've never had an issue until now

0 Likes