Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical burning smell coming from my tv.

(Topic created on: 22-06-2021 02:24 AM)
KaeliBurgess
First Poster
Options

Any idea why my television would all of a sudden be smelling like a burning electrical smell? We take VERY good care of our televisions so I can't imagine it is ANYTHING that we have done. It's also the television in our bedroom that we rarely use so I can't imagine it would be dying for any reason? (If that's even possible with a tv.. I've never experienced it..)

I don't have the money to just go buy a new television so this has me SO upset! I don't want to turn it on again and use it, risking further damage if there is any..

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
SabH
Explorer
Options
Best not to turn it on anymore. Claim warranty if you can. If not, you could open it up and look around at the capacitors on the boards. Chances are, 1 or more blew. Shouldn't cost too much to have capacitors replaced. You could also just send the entire TV for repairs but obviously it's always cheaper if you pinpoint the problem and just send the faulty board. You also need to be careful around the power supply area... Anyway, a repair is most certainly possible.
0 Likes
StephK1
Options

Sorry to hear about this issue with your TV, @KaeliBurgess,. Please take a look at your private messages when possible, I've sent some further instructions to get this sorted for you. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

In these situations certainly leave the Tv disconnected  and best to get in touch with Samsung.  I do not think it is advisable to to do too much investigation on your own unless you have have expertise.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes