Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver for Samsung smart tv

(Topic created on: 25-09-2021 10:02 PM)
cathwyn
First Poster
Options

Hi!

Does anyone know where I can download the latest driver for Windows 10 X64 for Samsung smart tv Model Code (MN) : UE49MU7000, Software Version (FW) : T-KTMDEUC-1290.3

Samsung's ow support is as helpful as newly hatched fly.

They don't seem to even know what a driver is...

Thanks!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Is your telly hooked up to a pc? If so, go to WINDOWS UPDATE on your pc. If there are any updates, they will be downloaded. Next, type in DEVICE MANAGER in the search window on the task bar, then open up DISPLAY DEVICES, scroll to your tv, right-click, then search for updated drivers there. If there are none, then your tv is on the latest driver.
0 Likes
cathwyn
First Poster
Options

Tried this first thing. No dice.  Windows update turns up nothing.

The TV is discoverable and connects with the computer, but Window's "project"and "connect" fail to hook up.

Control Panel->Devices and printers says "Driver error"

Device manager says

"Device status

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Conflicting Address Range}
The specified address range conflicts with the address space.
"

???

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I have an LG Smart TV, which is directly connected with my router, and AUTO UPDATE selected on the tv. If its a firmware update you are searching for, check on an official Samsung site, to see if there is a firmware update which includes any needed driver updates. If so, download and extract the .bin files on to a USB device. Once extracted, insert it into the USB port on the back of your telly, and follow any onscreen instructions to install it.
0 Likes
ironironi
First Poster
Options

Per Microsoft (sorry, read it hours ago, so no link available), Windows Update only looks for the latest MS drivers. Best bet's to go to TV manuf site and get it from them. And yes, most act as if they never heard of drivers, unfortunately. 

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Try the following link:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-update-a-samsung-tv-via-usb/

Follow the on-screen instructions. Make sure to have a blank USB stick, load the relevant .bin file (that link should explain the procedure) onto this USB stick, then insert it into the USB port at the back of your TV. Follow the on-screen instructions on your TV - it is probably as simple as clicking a couple of buttons on your TV remote. Once completed, you should be good to go! 😊

To help you, click on this ( https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE49MU7000LXXN/#downloads) page, then open, or print out the UPGRADE GUIDE. Just above this guide are two UPGRADE FILE(USB TYPE) links - click on the appropriate one to begin the download to your pc. *note - one file says ALL OS, the other says WINDOWS. I think this refers to the TV OS - not the computer OS, but it should explain there. My gut feeling is that you will only need to download the ALL OS file. Good luck!
0 Likes