Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my email for TV.

(Topic created on: 16-03-2024 02:07 PM)
Ralph51
Apprentice
Options

I have recently changed my email from ntl to gmail and realise that the email which appears briefly on our Samsung QE50Q65A Smart TV when switching on is the old one. 

Do I need to alter it within TV settings and then alter it on here independantly to match?  It might be easy to do on here but not convinced it will be as simple on the TV set as I usually find altering anything creates more problems in technology.  

Thank you

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hi @Ralph51 You can change the email address on your Samsung Account via your mobile or the web. on phone go to Settings-Accounts and Back up-Manage Accounts. Go to my profile and Tap-profile information-select email -tap change. More information here https://www.samsung.com/support/mobile-devices/change-email-samsung-account/
on your Tv would need to go to settings-System Manager-Samsung Account-My Account-Edit Profile. Alternatively could Reset the Tv and enter the details again.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Ralph51
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for the response. 

The instructions sound very logical but using the TV itself, once I get to 'Edit Profile' it does not give any option to alter our email address there at all.  Spent ages in disbelief.

We will admit defeat and leave it as it is with the old email.  These things are sent to try us it seems.

AndrewL
Options

@Ralph51: You can change the email address on your Samsung account by visiting samsung.com via a web browser. If you take a look at the link below from our friends at Samsung Canada, and follow the steps under 'Change your email address using a web browser' then you should be good to go.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/change-email-samsung-account/

For step one, rather than visiting Samsung Canada, simply visit samsung.com, and you will be re-directed to the relevant site in your region. When you have completed the steps, remove the Samsung account from your TV (Home > Samsung account, or Settings > General > System Manager > Samsung Account > My Account > Sign Out), then sign back in using your new credentials. 

Ralph51
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for the advice.  As yet I have not attempted the option but will bear it in mind.  

Altering the email on on the website would probably be straightforward but whenever I try to do something in settings on the TV itself it takes forever and is so user unfriendly and frustrating (to me).  Usually I hit a snag and feel it's best to leave well alone.  

It is easier to leave as is.

0 Likes