Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't play videos via Web Browser

(Topic created on: 17-02-2019 03:07 PM)
realitywynn
Apprentice
Options

**Help**

My Samsung TV is no longer playing videos whenever I try to access them via websites on the Web Browser within the TV.
UHD9000 series is my TV..
Does anyone have any tips on fixing this?

Please advise..

Thanks in advance!

123 REPLIES 123
Student
Options

To everyone that has problems with sound on twitch. Go here  https://www.twitch.tv/p/legal/ad-choices/   then click browse  (∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * ・ 。゚, · will happen :smiling-face:

chillen
Student
Options

Why the ***** do Samsung feel the need to always mess with our smart tv's, I could stream my local parish mass, now I can', I had certain apps on my TV now I don't, Samsung ***** OFF, stop interfering with my product, none of this is for the greater good. Your just pissing people about. 

chillen
Student
Options

SAMSUNG BROWSER IS BIGGEST PILE OF *****E

0 Likes
Markbro
First Poster
Options

@01010010 wrote:

To everyone that has problems with sound on twitch. Go here  https://www.twitch.tv/p/legal/ad-choices/   then click browse  (∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * ・ 。゚, · will happen :smiling-face:

Thank you, this worked!  

0 Likes
ConservativePatriot
First Poster
Options

This is really more about control. Roku, Youtube, Twitter, FaceBook, etc .... dont want certain content creators as well as programs being played. Basically they are censoring content creators and programs. So, what they do is steer everything through the big IT Tech companies not above. (I should know - I work for one of them) and then you are forced to pick from liberal to far left liberal probgraming and content. Looks like Samsung is a part of this mindset now. tis-tis

What you do to get around this is search on how to screencast your content to your TV. Old DVD Players and Roku as well as most new TVs accept content using screen casting. Then you can happily go back to watching what you want to on your UHD9000.  🙂  

So much for a free country!

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
ajho
First Poster
Options

Given that Adobe themselves are discontinuing support for their Flash Player from the 31st Dec 2020 https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/06/16/adobe-flash-will-finally-die-on-december-31-2020/

I can't help feeling that the problem lies with sites moving away from Flash and adopting HTML5 standards. It strikes me that Samsung need update their browsers to support the current technology not try to blaim web sites for using an out dated one.

Redrooster
Explorer
Options

This is the last Samsung tv I will ever buy. Trading this peace of ....... in ASAP! Bye Samsung. Your web browser and lack of support suck! 

RayBurny
Student
Options

Good info, I think I shall contact Samsung about this problem just to hopefully flood them with another dissatified customer; been buying Samsungs a long time; that will likely change.

I just have a TV stream here in the US that worked just fine until the TV station updated their streaming site; now no go.

I suspect a lot, if not all, of it is a cost thing; they don't want to pay someone else for a decent browser (Mozzila, Chrome, etc.) that keeps up to date for all types of streaming formats.

longtimecostomer80
First Poster
Options

..i really liked my Samsung devices

..i really liked Samsung Support so far

..but i payed a lot for this 'oh so technologically future UHD SMART TV'

..and now you knuckleheads wanna tell me you're not able to put a working browser in it?? My grandma has 8y old phone that can do that..

Samsung you lost me here last time I bought one of ur products

Tahiti16
First Poster
Options

Same here on q7 tv, all worked until last update. All the sites work on phone and tablet. So not the sites. Also many pages will pop errors with thi browser no longer supported, my galaxy 8+ gets this too.

0 Likes