Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find Apps

(Topic created on: 16-04-2019 04:13 PM)
richakn
Apprentice
Options

I just bought a new Samsung TV and I can't find apps (in this case the NBC Sports App) that the website says are available. When I search either through the search bar or through the 'Sports' category, nothing shows up. Any thoughts on what copuld be wrong? 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options
@richakn: As far as I know this app is only available inside the US therefore if you're currently outside this region, or the TV was intended for use outside that region, then this would explain why the app is not showing up. If you confirm the full model number, located on the sticker on the back of the device, I can look into this for you.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@richakn wrote:

I just bought a new Samsung TV and I can't find apps (in this case the NBC Sports App) that the website says are available. When I search either through the search bar or through the 'Sports' category, nothing shows up. Any thoughts on what copuld be wrong? 

@richakn  I've checked  and  app will only work if you are based in  US.   However if the case  app should certainly  be available , in Q+A  it states searchable under NBC.  https://www.nbc.com/apps   

Obviously can get  back to @AndrewL , with info requested.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

richakn
Apprentice
Options

Andrew,

It's a UN65NU710DF - purchased at Costco (US) and operating in the US. Seems odd that I can't find the app. I bought the TV in November but only just started using it, could be I missed a firmare upgrade or something? I'm lost as to what it might be. 

AndrewL
Options
@richakn: Not sure what could be causing this, as the NBC app lists Samsung TV's as a supported device without exception. As suggested by @JAMES4578, you could try visiting the NBC website to see if the app is obtainable from there. I'd also suggest going to Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now to see if there are any updates available to address potential compatibility issues.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@richakn  There is firmware 1202.3 which became available  January 2019, if not available OTA you could download to USB and update that way.    https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2018-uhd-smart-tv-nu710d

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

richakn
Apprentice
Options

Finally got a response from Tech Support - looks like the NBC sports app is available on Samsung Smart Tv, but not my model....... so I guess I'll still need the Roku stick. Thanks

AndrewL
Options
Sorry to hear that @richakn, but thank you for keeping us updated.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@richakn  Thanks for keeping us in the picture,  obviousy  NBC  app not compatible with some models unfortunately-you should be fine with Roku mind you.

0 Likes
educatedgooner
First Poster
Options

In my case, the NBCSN (or NBC Sports) app is available on my Samsung Q70 but the app version is super dated, version 2.2. In comparison, Roku shows app version 6.0. When do the apps get updated and what's the process to request an upgrade (super annoying that a user is having to do that)

0 Likes