Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download apps!

(Topic created on: 31-03-2024 11:11 AM)
Sean38
First Poster
Options

I was gifted a Samsung smart TV, model number UE40F6400AK (XXU) but can't download any apps from the app store. Is there any reason for this? 

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Sean38: Is your TV connected to a stable Wi-Fi network? What happens when you attempt to download an application? Do you get any error messages or notifications? Are all applications affected, or just certain ones? 

Sean38
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew. Thanks for your reply. Yes, my WiFi seems to be OK and I can view apps like YouTube without any problems. When I use a search such as 'White noise', the notification i get is 'No matching results found'. I've tried other well known apps and I get the same notification. Do think some sort of a lock might be the problem? Sorry, I'm not that technically minded.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Sean38: Typically, if you perform a manual search for an app, and no matching results are found, then this suggests that the app is not supported on your TV. In this instance, as your query relates to a third party app, you may wish to reach out to the developers directly to further your enquiry, as they are best placed to shed light on compatible TV models. 

0 Likes
Sean38
First Poster
Options

Excellent. Thanks for letting me know Andrew. 

0 Likes