Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightness Optimisation Function Unavailable

(Topic created on: 16-01-2023 03:38 PM)
JaceC88
Student
Options

I bought a 2022 The Frame 55 and was having issues with the motion lighting not working, so I was having to turn the TV on and off manually...

Samsung then acknowledged that there was an issue with this, and that a system update would be released to fix the problem. Since the most recent update several months ago, however, it seems that the Brightness Optimisation and Motion Lighting functions have been made UNAVAILABLE, rather than fixed! 

I bought the TV specifically for the appeal as a discrete painting/TV, with it being as advertised as using a motion/lighting sensor, so am obviously disappointed about this. 

Are there plans to rectify the issues with the motion lighting feature in another update? Or have I purchased a TV that no longer has an advertised feature!? 

It is a shame, since the TV is otherwise great.

5 REPLIES 5
Acm2700
First Poster
Options

I can confirm this is still an ongoing issue, customer service says that they are working on it to make these settings manually available to users but he doesn’t know when. I’m really hoping that this is the case! I really bought the TV for this feature and this alone.... otherwise I would have just bought a cheaper TV and put a screensaver on it. 

homersdonut
Student
Options

Is there any update on this? I also have a 2022 Frame TV and haven’t been able to use the brightness optimization feature… since September 2022. This is such a basic feature, what’s taking so long to get it working? When watching tv in different lighting, it doesn’t adjust automatically, and it’s hard on the eyes. I have a TV that’s over 10 years old and still does this flawlessly. Why is a brand new, expensive TV not able to do this. I’m pretty disappointed with this TV since I’ve purchased. There are a number of things that haven’t worked properly since I bought it,  and it seems there no priority being placed on system updates to resolve any of it.

JaceC88
Student
Options

Completely agree, it is a bit of a joke that they haven't fixed this... And with the release of the 2023 model I'm sure they will ignore our plea.. very disappointing.. Samsung can you please help us or provide an update for us?

homersdonut
Student
Options

Yes, I feel like this TV has been falsely advertised to me. I purchased it based on features that haven’t worked since day one. If you can’t fix this Samsung, can I get a refund on my 2022 designer TV that functions like something 2001?

Options

I have also just purchased the 55” frame tv and have the same issues. Given that it is now late 2023, are they really not going to address and issue with the PRIMARY selling feature if the product? How can they advertise this for years and not deliver??

Motion sensor works very rarely, despite having been set to high sensitivity, and the brightness in art mode even when manually set to the lowest level is too bright in any condition other than glaring daylight in the room. It also turns off during art mode in less than a minute, even when the room is occupied. So far the only benefit to this vs a much less expensive screen is that the matte screen does have very little glare in daylight. Not sure that this qualifies as an 800$ add on feature.