Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth output switching bug on some models. How to ask Samsung to look into it in a future update?

(Topic created on: 10-06-2020 04:35 PM)
FRRN
Journeyman
Options

Hello folks, 

As some of you have noticed in your respective TVs, if you have Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) enabled (e.g. soundbar) you can't switch to a Bluetooth device (e.g. headphones) because it immediately switches back to the hdmi arc input. The only workaround is to disable/enable Anynet every time you want to use a BT device.

At least, that is what is happening on my Q70R and I am aware that others have complained as well.

This is very annoying and I would like to report this bug to Samsung for a possible fix. Does anyone know how to properly reach them? Confirmation of this bug on this post in other TV models is also helpful to make Samsung aware of it.

Many thanks!

44 REPLIES 44
toronto_frame_fan
First Poster
Options

Its December 2021 and I am having the same problem - still no fix.  Thankful for this thread - as at least I now have a solution - but this workaround really is unacceptable - especially if I want to use Alexa to switch audio devices.

0 Likes
nothingwithyou
First Poster
Options

Looks like Samsung are saying it's the external device's fault and suggesting you turn off AnyNet+. I'm in the same boat, but it used to work fine.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01111222/ (choose a remote option)

0 Likes
DotJohnny
Apprentice
Options

What makes you say they suggest turning off AnyNet+? the page you link to talks about disabling auto-switching of HDMI (input). 

What do we loose when switching off AnyNet?

0 Likes
Logophore
First Poster
Options

Model# qn75q8fnb

software version#t-ktm2akuc-1320.4

Same problem. Sonos sound bar, but can't switch to Bluetooth headphones, it always switches back

0 Likes
Members_u3PVag5
First Poster
Options

Samsung, why don't you read your forums? Can't be harder than Anynet+ turns off auto when BT is choosed and then turns back on when BT is not choosen. 

0 Likes
MarkKoenig
First Poster
Options

Feb 14, 2022.  Just set up QN43Q60AAFXZA and updated the software.  I'm having the same issue with Bose QC35 headphones.  I have a Sonos Beam hooked up to the HDMI eARC.  I hear sound from the headphone for a couple of seconds and then it switches back to the Beam without me doing anything.

0 Likes
tjrtoo
Apprentice
Options

It's depressingly still the same in March 2022. There isn't a single blue-tooth enabled device in my home that has any problems maintaining a bluetooth connection except this very expensive Frame TV. Turning off Anynet+, and on again after blue-tooth use has finished, is not an acceptable solution. If it was, Samsung would be happy to include it with its promotional material.

0 Likes
Alanforfun
First Poster
Options

I’ve spend weeks trying to resolve this problem and only now through this forum have learned it’s a bloody fault on my TV??..

Get your act together Samsung  or don’t you really give a dam about customer service?.

0 Likes
Why
First Poster
Options

It’s a joke this issue still exists after so many years. Samsung obviously doesn’t value it’s customers as if it did they would have resolved this issue by now. This will be my last Samsung product purchase. 

0 Likes
GrantLeo
First Poster
Options

Same issue with Sonos Arc connected thru HDMI e-arc and Sony WH-1000XME BT headphones. Yes turning off Anynet+ I can listen on my headphones, but surely with a top end TV you shouldn't have to have a 'workaround' for such a routine requirement.... come on Samsung...??!! I should be able to choose to listen to either or even both at the same time... I can do that with other media set-ups (Apple Mac mini as media player). This isn't rocket science guys.

0 Likes