Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Spot

(Topic created on: 12-01-2024 11:41 AM)
Nelson Guandique
First Poster
Options

Hello all,

Just yesterday we were watching some TV when this black spot began to appear. I knew the TV had no physical damages so I turned it off for a while. Turned it on and the spot had disappeared, but came back not long after. Anyone know what would cause this? The TV has sat in the same spot for months without it being touched, cannot be pressure. 

If it helps, lately the TV has been freezing until I force restart. Not sure if it correlates. 

IMG_8887.jpeg

IMG_8888.jpeg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
KholaI
Options

Hey @Nelson Guandique 

Could you provide me with the full model number of the TV? You'll be able to locate this at the back of the TV screen. Also, regarding the spot you're referring to, is it the white light at the bottom of the screen? If so, is this constantly visible across all screens? 

0 Likes
Nelson Guandique
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your assistance.

Model #: UN85AU8000FXZA

& it is the white light in the original pictures. Yesterday they were originally black, and reappeared as white after. It was on the bottom left of the screen yesterday. Now the light/spot has moved over a couple inches towards the right half of the screen (about a foot in length). 

Attached is an updated picture.

image.jpg

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Thanks for sharing this!

From the pictures provided, it does look like 'screen bleed', though I can't say for certain without having an engineer inspect it. If it's constantly visible, regardless of the channel you're watching, and it's visible as soon as you switch on your TV, I would advise getting this inspected.

You can get in touch with our Team on 0333 000 0333 to arrange an inspection.

0 Likes