Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bizarre Issue with Samsung TV (QE50Q60TAU)

(Topic created on: 08-05-2024 08:41 AM)
Tobi1999
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I hope that if you’re reading this you can help me fix my TV.

Last week I was casually playing on my Playstation, and randomly my screen froze, most of it went black/green and then it turned off and on again. I have tried to restart it, it worked fine for about 3 minutes but then the issue started happening again.

I have tried to message the technical support but I haven’t heard back from them since this issue happened. I have attached a photo and a video to better explain the issue. 

I hope that someone can find a solution to this bizarre issue.

981A00BE-18F8-4AC0-A000-9B00772CB871.jpeg

73 REPLIES 73
Pedro212
First Poster
Options

Exact same issue. 2 months after the 3 years warranty. Hopefully they will raise the warranties until 10 years so they will start doing quality stuff. A TV for only 3 years it's unacceptable. Needless to say... NO MORE SAMSUNG for me. 

0 Likes
Sydney62
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue with this exact tv. I am wondering how you got on taking your problem to trading standards? I have just initiated proceedings with the CCPC (Competition and Consumer Protection Commission Ireland). I have had lots of communication with Samsung but they stated that “there is no known or inherent fault with this model”

0 Likes
katie K
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, 

EXACT SAME issue

no warrantee this is a disgrace on a €700 tv after 2.5 years!

Sydney62
Apprentice
Options

I have begun proceedings with CCPC and I suggest anyone with the same issue should do the same- this is much more than a few tv’s breaking down and this should be highlighted 

0 Likes
Members_VtA0AIb
First Poster
Options

Hi, exactly the same issue, playing on my PlayStation and 2/3 of the screen went black/green and became unresponsive.  Model QE50Q65TAUXXU

Bought it in October 2021 and its died - I really expected it to last longer than this. Support have basically said its a repair or 15% off a new TV - which i cannot afford atm. Reading so many other people with the same problem (outside of this thread too) I'm really surprised Samsung aren't offering some kind of repair service for this. Its not a great selling point for their TV's, I know things can go wrong but this is too many to be considered a coincidence 

20240515_173037.jpg

Sydney62
Apprentice
Options

Totally agree. I have contacted Samsung many times but to no avail- they assure me it’s not a general fault.

I won’t give up mind and I suggest you send an email to

0 Likes
Johnuk75
First Poster
Options
Exactly the same issue. TV crashes with a weird graphic image. Sometimes the sound stops too sometimes it carries on. Then reboot then does it all again in a 30 seconds to 5 minutes.
Reading these comments and plenty of others on Samsung TVs. Ribbon tape failing software issues and led burnout. Nearly all after any warranty cover but even with light use. Certainly not replacing with another Samsung TV for sure.
0 Likes
Members_fKOLDYN
First Poster
Options

Very similar problem with QE50Q65AAUXXU . turn TV on, everything OK, then 1 minute later the display resets. The channel stays the same, so I think it is a display reset.  A thin horizontal line right through the middle of the screen appears seconds before the reset. 

0 Likes
Hiimo
Student
Options
Bought for Euro 2021 and failed during Euro 2024. Disappointed all my stuff are samsung from TV, Fridge, Watch, Mobile Phone. Started with horizontal lines at the bottom, then some more at the top. Suddenly restarts itself in shorter windows now at 45mins. Have to unplug for 2 hours before it turns on again. Never buying samsung tv.
0 Likes
Hortop
First Poster
Options

I have the exactly same problem last week. Tv not been used much and I’m sure I registered for a 5 year warranty. I brought the tv back in October 2020 and I’m sure I registered the warranty in 13th November 2020 but again no sconces found and I can’t find the email. Anyway Samsung do not want to know. The repair centre said it’s going to cost at least £350 to repair. Also the repair centre said do not buy Samsung as the quality is not what it use to be and buy LG instead. That came from the repair centre who repair the tvs on behalf of Samsung. I’m very frustrated because this tv was not even used much as it’s obviously a common fault with this tv and personally not fit for use and really don’t know how Samsung are getting away with this. 

0 Likes