Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bizarre Issue with Samsung TV (QE50Q60TAU)

(Topic created on: 13-11-2022 02:56 PM)
Tobi1999
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I hope that if you’re reading this you can help me fix my TV.

Last week I was casually playing on my Playstation, and randomly my screen froze, most of it went black/green and then it turned off and on again. I have tried to restart it, it worked fine for about 3 minutes but then the issue started happening again.

I have tried to message the technical support but I haven’t heard back from them since this issue happened. I have attached a photo and a video to better explain the issue. 

I hope that someone can find a solution to this bizarre issue.

981A00BE-18F8-4AC0-A000-9B00772CB871.jpeg

73 REPLIES 73
Aviator2
First Poster
Options

Same problem bought, Tv in 2020 has already been repaired once due to black lines appearing across the screen and had the same problem starting to occur again.  Then just before xmas it failed went into the recycling mode of trying to start then  shutting down continuously, have tried Samsung but its out of warranty, i do have a six year warranty with the company i bought it from but have moved out of UK so they said they would repair it if i could get it back to UK, but cost involved it getting it there and collecting again would prove too much. I did query with local repair shop who seemed to know of the problem and said its probably not repairable. Bad for a product 3 yrs old. I have taken the plunge and bought a new Samsung TV slightly different and newer model but this one comes with a 5 year warranty.  I don,t know if the black lines appearing are part of the problem in its failing but they seemed to be in the same area of the screen where they appeared before. Just to add i don,t know if relevant but this one was made in Hungary

0 Likes
Ray Purchase
First Poster
Options

Same here, bought in December 2020, just died last night. Thankfully, I rang Curry’s, where we bought it from, and they told us we took out an extended warranty (hooray for us)  so they’re going to come and try a repair next week. I’ll reply to this thread once I know more about the fault. 

0 Likes
Davros75
Student
Options

Mine needed a new panel. Would have been too expensive to repair however was thankfully bought at John Lewis who provide a no nonsense, no traps , fair  and honest warranty.

0 Likes
GREGOR82
First Poster
Options

Took the hassle to replace both Led strips, replacement is quite easy but unfortunately in my tv did not get any improvement. Works exactly the same as prior the work. 

0 Likes
Markec123
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. A black spot appeared and the TV restarted. This happened a month after the warranty expired. This is totally disappointing. I'll enjoy while I break it down. Samsung no more. Terrible company that does not know how to admit its mistake.

0 Likes
zebracat
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened here. The TV is just 3 years old… very frustrating! Not happy at all with Samsung. 

0 Likes
Ray Purchase
First Poster
Options

We had our TV delivered back to us this week after being repaired for the same issue outlined in the OP’s original post, and this was the report that came with it: 

image.jpg

As you can see, it wasn’t just a case of replacing the LED strips like some people have suggested as a solution (although this may work for some). I’m pretty tech-savvy, but I wouldn’t have been able to fix a corrupt operating system. 

We’ve had it back a few days and it’s working like new. Hopefully this sheds some light for you!

0 Likes
Paddy8
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Screen went blank very similar to OP picture.

Took a punt on this tape fix off YouTube before going to a proper repair shop and remarkably, it worked. Also learned that if anything else other than the screen packed in on a TV you’d have an outside chance of DIY fixing it. Parts are easy to find online.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YDm0Hhcf_U8

Tools used were a flathead screwdriver and a load of plastic pens to prize the back off the TV, and a some electrical tape cut very small to size for the fix. Make sure you start prizing at the top and sides rather than the bottom, as there a load of screen connections there.

So disappointing from Samsung that this is a recurring issue for so many.

Hope it helps you too! 

0 Likes
Bear1969
First Poster
Options
Same issue with the QE50Q60BAUXXU. Bought Jan 2023 and last week the creeping black smearing screen of death appeared. Warranty just ran out. Spoke to a TV repair guy and he said this is common fault but there's no way the TV should be breaking after 14 months and the Consumer Rights Act should cover us. Complained to Samsung after being told by their repair firm Martin Dawes that they would be charging £99 just to come out and said I wasn't paying for that. I insisted that the set supplied wasn't fit for purpose and they caved in and offered a free repair. However they would only give a 90 day warranty on the repair... outrageous. The customer service department would not bend on this despite much arguing. So that's us done with Samsung. 6 hours either on chat or the phone. Getting repaired this week and the other half has in the meantime ordered a Sony with 5 year guarantee. When the Samsung gets fixed it's going on eBay.
0 Likes
Members_kCYPCxd
Apprentice
Options

Same here guys. My model is QE50Q60TAUXXH, just over 3 years. 

Soooooo dissapointed...

I was hoping that a power supply or even a mainboard would be at fault. But the panel? Is this for real? 

Never gonna buy samsung again.

0 Likes