Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bit level error

(Topic created on: 12-07-2022 09:35 PM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi all , hope someone can help me out , got a AU9000 TV , with Freeview I'm getting a bit level error of about 700 on Freeview HD channels but a bit  level error of zero on Freeview SD , I've got a new satellite grade cable going in to my aerial socket on my TV and made no difference, anyone any ideas , thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Edgie70  If you enter your postcode  on the Freevew site you should be able to see the channels you should receive plus the detailed transmitter view ,to see if there are any problems with reception. https://www.freeview.co.uk/freeview-channel-checker  sometimes a scan with the aerial disconnected can solve some mattters,obviously no channels will be found but the connection is reset and then scan again with the aerial connected.

However otherwise  that you do a Factory Reset or disconnect the Tv  for around 5 minutes. Bit errors though can suggest issues with the aerial but obviously you have a new cable.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi , thanks for your reply, I did the remove aerial and scan , got zero channels but then put aerial back in TV and turned on , and it had full channels again before I even scanned 

Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi , ok I did the scan and got new channels, weird thing is one day the TV has zero bit level error and the next day it can have errors ! Old Samsung TV had no errors , plugged this one in on same coax etc and errors.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hi @Edgie70 Glad you got the additional channels though does not seem totally resolved.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes