Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC iPlayer Not Loading Error 02001

(Topic created on: 02-02-2020 06:20 PM)
GFa71
Apprentice
Options

Hi. For 2+ months now I've been unable to load programmes in BBC iPlayer app on my new Samsung UE49MU7070 TV, 2017 model. All menus load fine but every programme I choose has continous spinning circle and after 30 seconds always ends with cannot load error message 02001. I have tried every reset possible and all firmware/software is right up to date, have tweaked most tv settings, searched the internet for a solution, and have got nowhere with iPlayer and Samsung support. All other on demand TV and Netflix, Amazon etc works fine and internet connection is the best. There was a couple of weeks after purchase when iPlayer worked ok but not anymore and I don't know what's changed. I am at a loss, can anyone help please, I can't be the only one with this problem? Thanks.

108 REPLIES 108
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Syd40.

What's the model code of your TV?

0 Likes
Jigajuan
First Poster
Options

Hi there 

Have you had any luck?? I am having the same issue in Spain where ipalyer isnt supported. 

I bought a Fire TV stick and connected to an UK server and when I thought it was all sorted I find out that Samsung and iPlayer do not work very well..

any help?

0 Likes
RinPortugal
First Poster
Options
Hi I am in Portugal, fighting against error 02001. I had a Samsung SmartTV for years streaming iPlayer happily over a VPN. Then it stopped and gave error 02001. I noticed the model was not listed on BBC iPlayer site as compatible with iPlayer. So I changed VPN provider (twice), upgraded two routers (of which one has the VPN installed permanently) and bought a SmartTV that IS listed on the BBC iPlayer site as being one that works with iPlayer. It is an MU6105, great TV. But no joy with iPlayer. Bought a Firestick. Also gives Error 02001! Samsung UK say I am abroad so can't help. Samsung Portugal this morning say they have little/no experience with UK apps but they are going to look into possibility of sending a technician. The alternative is to sell two Samsung TVs and switch brand, based on the BBC iPlayer site's list of compatible TVs. We will see
0 Likes
Herefordbull
First Poster
Options

Hi all, I've created an account to try and help you with what worked for me as I've not seen this fix on here yet. Plus it's super easy.

Do the following - 

1) select menu

2)head to system

3) click on DivX video on demand

4) register this code on the website

5) save the file to a sub

6) insert sub into your tv

7) play the video.

That's it after doing this and confirmation it's all installed and working correctly I've not had the issue once. Including on programs that was previously displaying the issue.

My firmware is 2880.2

You're welcome

0 Likes
RinPortugal
First Poster
Options

Thanks mate, I got the Registration code and video, saved it to the USB stick. I played the video successfully on the two TVs. But I still got the 02001 error. No joy here sadly. Thanks anyway

0 Likes
Ourmaninparis
Apprentice
Options

I've just tried this. It may no difference to BBC iPlayer. Still getting the same error message.

0 Likes
Londontv
Student
Options

Hi guys I have just downloaded software version 1550 from Samsung support website. Installed it via USB and BBC iplayer is now working!

hooray!

i tried to auto update from the tv menu but it said no updates available. Only option is to do it via USB stick. 
insttructions say you have to put the zip file on the USB then install, but actually you don't have to put it on the usb. Can just install it to usb from the file on your PC (saves 1.5gb space on your usb stick)

Jigajuan
First Poster
Options

Hi there, 

Where can I find version 1550? I cant find it in the samsung website.

Thank you

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Jigajuan wrote:

Hi there, 

Where can I find version 1550? I cant find it in the samsung website.

Thank you

Hi @Jigajuan  1550 appears to the firmware  for the J series as seen on this  model  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE55JS8000TXXU/    , if you enter your model no on the support site it will list the latest firmware.   

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.