Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC Iplayer crashes while playing UHD videos

(Topic created on: 16-07-2023 04:14 PM)
Members_ZyKhgTT
Journeyman
Options

Model- QE75QN85BATXXU. 

While playing HD videos BBC Iplayer app works fine but it keeps crashing while playing UHD videos.

Highly appreciate any help.

Thanks

0 Likes
Go to solution
12 REPLIES 12
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I think you're right. According to the Beeb your TV model is certified for iPlayer. I also read that where the Internet speed is low that it should revert to HD and not crash. It could be the app itself, the app has become corrupt or the TV.

First thing I would try is to delete and reinstall iPlayer with a power off for 1 minute in between.

I couldn't find recent reports of issues with the app.
If no joy, I would contact Samsung technical support via the members app.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Most troubleshooting seems to have been tried, with regard to wifi sometimes if a lot of devices are connected can be insufficient bandwidth and need to reboot  router.  However there is still issue with wired connection.   know from last year  Samsung indicated there was a hardware issue with some  units.  A fault has been identified with some models on iplayer  but not the one the questioner is referring to.  however in any case worth a look at this link https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/issues/connected-tv/crashing-samsung-tv  There was a glitch with iplayer at the start of Wimbledon but it did not just effect UHD and was said to be resolved.  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Members_ZyKhgTT
Journeyman
Options

Couldn't delete the app but re-installed it and it is working fine playing UHD programme. Thank you everyone :smiling-face: