Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful software.

(Topic created on: 09-04-2023 08:40 PM)
SkipRat
Journeyman
Options

What have samsung done to their software?

I am getting close to putting a hammer through my TV all because some people thought they were being clever.

I can't watch twitch because everytime I open the software, it keeps ******* asking me to plug in a joypad.

Every single ******* time.....  STOP IT... Its annoying as hell.

Repeatedly asking me to log into stuff...  STOP ASKING ME TO ******* LOGIN.  If iI wanted to login I would.

Seriously, how hard is it too keep things simple.

You really need to put an option in settings called...

Sod off, leave me alone ON/OFF

I am never buying Samsung again until you do.

Because this one won't be lasting long.

3 REPLIES 3
Egg1
Voyager
Options
I feel the same about my phone, hoping I break it soon so I can replace it with non Samsung
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@SkipRat  You have not mentioned the model.  Whilst Auto updates can be turned off it will not stop all updates  but will prevent the standard ones being installed. if connected to the internet crucial updates to fix problems connected with the software) will be installed. Information on this thread https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/samsungs-s-reason-for-auto-updates-of-firmware-updates/td-p/6... 

personally I have not had much trouble with either Tv or phone,do not use Twitch mind you.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
SkipRat
Journeyman
Options

It's not about auto-updates.

Is about the software being about as user friendly as a brick to the crown jewels.

Like asking me to add a joypad to watch twitch.  Seriously, what's the point?  And why the hell is there not an option to switch this off?

The menu pauses and lags and it's as slow as hell on a £600 tv.

All they need is a light weight, easy to use menu system.  But their is a horrible trend that everything has to be overly programmed...

Hate it.

It's awful.

0 Likes