Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AV receiver no longer switching back to original input after TV app

(Topic created on: 03-12-2022 01:06 PM)
andyste1
Student
Options

I have a satellite box connected to a Denon AV receiver, which is connected to a Samsung QN90A that I've had for a couple of months. Normally, when I go into a streaming app on the TV (eg Netflix, Disney) the AVR switches input to the TV, then switches back to the satellite input when I exit the app.

This behaviour changed a couple of days ago, and now when I exit the app the AVR remains on the TV input. I haven't changed anything (equipment, cables, settings), so I've no idea why it's started doing this. I've posted here as I know Samsung TVs are finicky when it comes to hdmi. At first I wondered if there had been a firmware update but it's still on v2101, so I'm out of ideas. 

Weirdly, the day before this started, I experienced a similar issue a few times, again out of the blue, where exiting a TV streaming app *would* switch the AVR back to the satellite input but with a black screen and audio only. What on earth is going on? 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Rev007
Explorer
Options
I have a similar problem when I exit internal apps ,I press sky as source and it knocks my sky q to a black screen and have to reset my q box everytime. So I got myself a nvidia shield tv and don't bother with internal apps now .
0 Likes