Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto connect to Bluetooth

(Topic created on: 09-03-2020 08:52 PM)
forsakenbear
Student
Options

Hi guys,

I've the UE75RU7105KXXC and I was wondering if it's possible for the tv to automatically connect to my Bluetooth headphones as soon as I turn them on. They  are already paired with the tv, but it's annoying having to manually connect them every time I turn the tv on. 

cheers 

74 REPLIES 74
sorcerlt
Apprentice
Options

My old samsung tv has auto connect with samsung sound bar.  I bought new QE75QN700 and now each time must pess CONNECT! Are you kidding, samsung??? Make patch asap! It's horrible. I can turn on autoconnect to phones in device manager, but not to soundbar! It's unbelievable!

Jtho
Apprentice
Options

Its because this isn't the recommended use of bluetooth. Bluetooth has a delay and lower quality, the feature is for the convenience of pairing headphones and not a main audio device. 

Kellyr66
Journeyman
Options

Lame excuse.  Do you work for Samsung or something ?

sorcerlt
Apprentice
Options

Yes, you true.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00085365/

I connect my soundbox with Hdmi Arc now and Tv control work with soundbar volume fine like with bluetooth.

I try optical cable with old Tv, but it don't have data transfer, so you cant control sound with Tv remote with optical cable.

Thanks for idea use another connection option :smiling-face:

0 Likes
P Kaz
Apprentice
Options

Utter Drivel Jtho. So you are saying that headphones don't have delay but other devices do? All devices compensate for the delay and it has not been a problem for many years. And quality is plenty good enough. Of course non of the above has anything to do with the stupid software that everyone is complaining about here. Kelly66 is right you must work for them.

Jtho
Apprentice
Options

I don't work for Samsung, just trying to help with incorrect assumptions. Bluetooth quality is compressed and the delay can be adjustable but that varies by source. Delay is an issue with bluetooth audio, for example, Sony and Microsoft refuse to support Bluetooth headphones on their consoles because of interference and latency.

If you prefer a wireless connection to the soundbar over other wired, great, just know this isn't recommended and there will be friction.

https://www.coolblue.nl/en/advice/what-do-you-need-to-connect-a-soundbar-to-your-television.html
"We can imagine you'd prefer to connect your soundbar wirelessly. Unfortunately, this usually isn't possible. Even if both your TV and soundbar support Bluetooth and it's theoretically possible to connect them like this, it's not recommended. A delay can occur. In some cases, when the soundbar and television are by the same brand, a certain technology could support the wireless connection."

https://www.hellotech.com/blog/how-to-connect-your-soundbar-to-a-tv-for-the-best-audio-quality
"If you want to go the easy route, you can connect your soundbar to your TV through a Bluetooth connection. The audio quality won’t be as good as using digital connections, but it means that you can connect your soundbar to your TV wirelessly."

https://theauris.com/blogs/blog/aux-vs-bluetooth
"While this diminishing quality usually isn’t noticeable to most people, audiophiles may take notice right away. People who are enthusiastic about sound quality often prefer listening to music on auxiliary devices, as these are analog from end to end. It maintains a high fidelity, meaning that the quality is very similar to the originally recorded audio.

Another factor to keep in mind is audio syncing. Since Bluetooth requires an extensive amount of data translation to work, there is normally a delay in data transmission from one device to another. While this might not be noticeable when playing music, you may become frustrated by a character’s lips being out of sync during a movie or TV show. Aux is a nearly instantaneous signal that does not suffer from this problem."

@P Kaz wrote:

Utter Drivel Jtho. So you are saying that headphones don't have delay but other devices do? All devices compensate for the delay and it has not been a problem for many years. And quality is plenty good enough. Of course non of the above has anything to do with the stupid software that everyone is complaining about here. Kelly66 is right you must work for them.

sorcerlt
Apprentice
Options

It was important for me to adjust the volume from the TV remote control. When the optical cable couldn't do this, I thought that the same would happen with hdmi.

My old TV work with soundbar with "TV Soundconnect" - I think its more fast wifi channel. But new TV show TV soundconnect connection type as bluetooth.... 

So HDMI Arc is best option for static Sound bar.

But my subwoofer still have wireless connection to soundbar, it's strange, because they work in pairs. Subwoofer doesnt have another connection option.

0 Likes
lconley770
First Poster
Options

What is a Bixby button ?

0 Likes
Kellyr66
Journeyman
Options

Not sure what the limitations of bluetooth have to do with this issue.  We are simply asking Samsung to automatically connect the bluetooth device and quit asking us every time.   It's a simple software fix.

LINCOLN-MKZ
Apprentice
Options

I needed to purchase a new Roku ultra 4K streaming device because my old one was well old and lo and behold the same Sony Bluetooth headset that I had the same problem automatically connecting to my Q7 television automatically connects to my Roku player once I turn the headset on. I wonder, could it be just a software update for the television? Never, it couldn't be as easy as that could it? Sarcasm aside Samsung fix your TVs software

0 Likes