Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 27-01-2024 03:03 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
KarmaKomma
Journeyman
Options

Nope sadly multiple years 😞 they just done seem to care about this inconvenience at all 

0 Likes
KarmaKomma
Journeyman
Options

Same boat with all my TVs sadly. Even developer mode workaround doesnt work anymore. Im having to restart my TV multiple times cuz cant even stream a movie without it freezing 😞 can’t believe there is no alternative out there 

0 Likes
KarmaKomma
Journeyman
Options

Ki

0 Likes
Contsi
Explorer
Options

Wrote this before, if your tv can’t handle default apps, you need to factory reset the tv, remove it from the network and use it as a simple monitor with a streaming device such as Roku, Firestick  or others. If it remains on the network they will keep trying to push apps down to it.

billyb_834652
Explorer
Options

For newcomers to this thread... Samsung support were promising fixes via update to this problem back in 2018. The fix never came, and it never will because there's simply not enough on-board storage built into the device. One thing we can take away from this episode however is that Samsung are liars, they do not care about their customers and they will tell you anything to get you past your warranty window so they don't have to deal with this mess.

Like the poster said above the best fix is to factory reset > remove from network > install Roku or Firestick device.

teeveestuff
Pioneer
Options

My 2018 NU7400 is functioning normally. All the installed apps are up to date and there’s still some free space left, so don’t panic if you have this TV as the issue doesn’t affect everyone. 

0 Likes
KarmaKomma
Journeyman
Options

Ok since you appear to have an option might I ask how you suggest I fix following issue?

bloatware updates that cannot be deleted now have me with 11% left so freezing and restarting constantly 

added the usb which was recognized but that storage has not moved to the apps sections where defaults are. So yup I have more storage if I go into the USB but not able to add that storage to the TV itself where the bloatware has only 11% left.

suggestions? Thanks

0 Likes
teeveestuff
Pioneer
Options

I have 10% free and get no freezing or restarting. It's remained like this for the last couple of years at least. 

All apps I use function normally. 

I've no idea what you can do other than get a new TV. I've had the NU7400 since 2018 and it's become the main TV I use in my office - it's on daily and is constantly connected to broadband. There have been no issues with the apps at all in recent years. 

0 Likes
KarmaKomma
Journeyman
Options

You are spot on I fear .. I even got USB stick but didn’t add room to the bloatware apps section 

but factory reset will still have the default apps so how will that help?

thank you.. any help appreciated as Samsung support just acts dumb when I call like I am some *****. I don’t want to buy a bunch of new TVs as used to be huge supporter of Samsung. Not spending another dime on these guys.. no client support at all 

0 Likes
KarmaKomma
Journeyman
Options

Yes thank you but still has the default apps

😞 am I doing something wrong?

0 Likes