Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV plus app not available

(Topic created on: 12-04-2020 10:12 PM)
Cryystalp
First Poster
Options

I have the Samsung un55mu6290f, 2018. I believe it's compatible with the new Apple TV plus app. I've checked for updates in the tv. I'm up to date, how do I find it in the App Store? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
svetlinski
First Poster
Options

Following, I'd like to know how to do this too. I have a UE55MU7000 and I can't get the Apple TV app either...

0 Likes
AtraHasis
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the same problem on my UE43TU7075UXXC, and I have updated it to the the newest version 1113.6.

As Apple TV and Airplay 2 were two of the reasons I bought this tv, I would like to know when this will be remedied.

thank you

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey there! If the TV is running on the latest software version and the app is still not showing, then it means that it's not currently available to be downloaded on the TV. It would be best to get in touch with the app support to receive more feedback on if and when it will be released for your models.

0 Likes
MaryLH
First Poster
Options

Dear Carol.

Your reply seems to contradict the reply in this thread.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/apple-tv-app-availability/td-p/1814146

Can you confirm whether the problem lies with the fact that this Samsung TV does not support AppleTV apps OR whether the AppleTV app does not support this TV?

Can you confirm whether ANY SamsungTVs support AppleTVs?

Thanks

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

The Apple TV  app needs some requirements to work so if the TV is not meeting these it won't be compatible. In the case that you'd like to get more information about whether the app will be available on your TV at any point, you will need to reach the app developers so they can inform you about this. 

In regards to the second question, yes, some of our TVs are compatible with this. 

0 Likes