Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV app brightness

(Topic created on: 10-08-2020 05:25 PM)
mattpuk
First Poster
Options

I've just purchased a UE43TU7000KXXU specifically for the Apple TV app.  I am finding it completely unwatchable due to the image being so dark and no contrast.  Can anyone help?

14 REPLIES 14
scchipli
Explorer
Options

I have exactly the same problem, which is even worse in Disney+ for 4K HDR content. My Apple TV purchases in HD are fine but 4K HDR is also dark. For some reason the moderators seem to stay away from discussions about the HDR being dark and I can't seem to get hold of them via the chat feature!

0 Likes
scchipli
Explorer
Options

Upgrading the firmware to 1302 made a big improvement for me.

0 Likes
Mighty_Morpheus
Apprentice
Options

I had the exact same issue with the TU7100 I just bought. The only work around I found was to set your AppleTV to SDR output not HDR then the movie is watchable but is still a little on the dark side. Samsung should address this issue with with a firmware fix. I previously had an LG screens that worked perfectly with HDR and was never  too dark.

Very disappointing really as I cannot adjust the brightness up enough to make HDR watchable, so much for Samsung Marketing!

scchipli
Explorer
Options

@Mighty_Morpheus Try the latest firmware update from their support website. Improved it for me.

0 Likes
Mighty_Morpheus
Apprentice
Options

When I check for a new firmware version, the TV tells me I have the latest running.

So that's not gonna solve my issue 😞

scchipli
Explorer
Options

I had exactly the same issue. You need to download the firmware from the website and copy it to a USB stick and insert that into your TV. I’m sure there’s details on the support site as to how to do it.

0 Likes
DhrubaBanerjee
First Poster
Options

How do you do that? There's no option here to change from to SDR on the Apple TV app

0 Likes
Neil16
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue and a firmware update (v. 1460, latest from the support site via USB) did not correct the problem.  Movies on Apple TV+ are unwatchable.  I just recently purchased this Q80T because it offered the Apple TV app.  I wanted to use the  "smart TV"  vs. a streaming device but am close to giving up on that.

0 Likes
Stoneage
Pioneer
Options

I still have exactly same problem in Oct. 2021. Did any one get an update on this issue?

----------------------
UE58NU7179