Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV App availability?

(Topic created on: 19-06-2020 03:06 PM)
Darthbooth1978
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung UE55MU7000 and would like to know if and when the Apple TV App will be available?

I have just installed the Disney+ App with no issues, so don't see why the Apple App is still unavailable?

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Darthbooth1978 

We can confirm that the Apple TV app is not currently available on your model of TV and we don't have any information as to whether this may change going forward, we're afraid.

0 Likes
Darthbooth1978
Apprentice
Options

Thanks very much for the reply.

I can't deny that it's very disappointing to hear that!

I don't know if that is a Samsung decision or an Apple one, but it will certainly affect my future decisions on which TV to buy next. Purchasing such an expensive TV you would think something like that would be easy to add to the Apps already on the TV.

Flassammy1234
First Poster
Options

Hi I have a UN65MU8000 Samsung - and likewise want to know of ability to download the Appletv app? Thanks

IanJ1
First Poster
Options

I have two of these, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. I am devastated that i have spent so much money, to only find out now my “SMART” tv cannot download an App. The whole reason i upgraded them was so i could download apps. I also will be looking for a different brand next time i buy a TV.  

0 Likes
Darthbooth1978
Apprentice
Options

So. This morning I was delighted to see that the Apple TV App had finally been added to older TVs. My excitement was soon shattered though  when I realised that this is just for the Apple streaming service and won’t let me access all the movies and TV shoes I have purchased through iTunes. What gives Apple/Samsung?? Surely the Apple App available to newer TVs would now be able to work with the older ones? More dissatisfaction from a Samsung/Apple customer!!

0 Likes