Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anti glare coating off? Oled TV 55S90C

(Topic created on: 04-12-2023 07:54 PM)
paulomatta
Student
Options

Hello,

I've encountered an issue with my TV. It had fingerprints on the screen, and following the cleaning instructions provided only resulted in blue reflections appearing on the screen. I've also tried using my usual screen cleaning products, and it seems that the cleaned area is losing its magenta layer (the anti-glare coating). The only safe method I found to remove fingerprints was using 70% isopropyl alcohol. How can I activate the warranty for this issue? I really like this TV, it was quite expensive, and its performance is now significantly compromised. Is there any possible repair or solution for this? Eagerly awaiting your response.

6 REPLIES 6
paulomatta
Student
Options

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-04 at 20.45.15.jpeg

0 Likes
Stuvan
Voyager
Options
You shouldn't use anything other than water to clean screens
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Liquid cannot be sprayed directly on screen, must use a microfibre cloth.  If necessary a small amount of ethanol may be used for stubborn stains  but no chemicals.  see more information here https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-clean-my-tv-screen/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Samobaafs
First Poster
Options

Is there a way to reapply the coating? I have the same issue and I used just water. 

0 Likes
JTXR81
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my TV. It got dirty with my dog's saliva which ended up drying on it.

I used isopropyl alcohol to clean it but ended up losing its anti reflex coating in several areas of the TV.

Most of the stains do not appear when the TV is on; but when it is turned off, it gets very ugly. Still, in general the TV works very well - I would not like to replace it yet.

Does anyone know if it is possible to at least minimize this effect? 

Thank you in advance.

IMG_2106.jpgIMG_2105.jpg

0 Likes
Members_A3sshgU
First Poster
Options

Hello! 

Same issues here. Can you activated the warranty? What was the solution?

0 Likes