Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

55ru8000: backlight bleeding and light through the corners

(Topic created on: 12-11-2019 11:44 AM)
OldLogan
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have just bought a 55ru8000 smart tv and I have noticed a couple of issues.

Light is splitting from the four corners of my TV's frame. Is that normal for this model?

IMG_54091.jpg

The second issue is about backlight bleeding. Small gray cones can be seen at the corners (especially the lower ones) only when looking at dark scenes. I read in the reviews that this model should suffer very little backlight bleeding...

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @OldLogan

Can you try this hardware test: Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture test, and post the results here?
0 Likes
Jerry120
Student
Options

I have the same model & getting the same issue, bottom right corner is most noticeable in dark scenes. Picture test is useless because it's a bright picture and you can't notice the bleeding...

Did you manage to fix it somehow?

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @Jerry120

Is this happening when using all apps/channels?

Do you have any external devices connected to the TV? If so, can you try disconnecting them and see if this makes a difference? Just want to rule this out.
0 Likes
Jerry120
Student
Options

all apps/channels

I will try tonight, only a PS4 & Chromecast is connected, surely that shouldn't cause the issues?

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks, @Jerry120

It shouldn't really cause this, however, it is something that we need to rule out just in case.
0 Likes
Jerry120
Student
Options
it still does it without any external devices connected
0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Thanks for confirming that. The best thing to do in this case would be to get in touch with the Samsung AudioVisual team. if necessary, an engineer will be sent out to you to check on the TV to understand the reason behind this issue. You can contact them here: 0333 000 0333. 

0 Likes