Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 year warranty

(Topic created on: 26-01-2023 12:57 PM)
Stillwaterdave
Explorer
Options
Hi all I bought a Samsung qn90b just recently from Samsung uk website through the light blue card it's clearly says on there website 5 year warranty when I bought it that's 1 of the reasons why i bought from them direct ' so I filled in the registration form they got back me saying Serial Number already used in another Samsung promotion/ non-cumulative offers.

So they won't honour they 5 year warranty it clearly started on there website you get a 5 year warranty with this tv is there anything I can do .
I have screenshots of the tv & price from there website on the day I bought it its says 5 year warranty. 

Any help much appreciated Guys . 

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@Stillwaterdave: I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding this matter. If you purchased the TV through the Blue Light portal, then this may be why you're unable to claim the extended warranty, as the offer only applies to purchases made directly from Samsung.com. The terms and conditions seem to confirm this, as per the below:

"Purchases must be made from the online shop on Samsung.com only. Purchases from other retailers or from Samsung.com EPP sites (under which certain categories of customers who have been provided with a log in to benefit from discounted products) are expressly excluded. This includes, but is not limited to the following Samsung EPP sites: Student, EPP Networks, NHS EPP, Royal Household EPP, SME Open, SME Closed, Samsung Staff Sales, EPP Partners."

Stillwaterdave
Explorer
Options
This tv was purchased directly from samsung this was one of the reasons I bought the tv because it said 5 year warranty on there site that was a pic from the site I bought it from that dayScreenshot_20230126_165747_Samsung Members_1000006516_1674752268.jpg
0 Likes
Stillwaterdave
Explorer
Options
I didn't know this was the case samsung shouldn't have advertised a 5 year warranty on the site I bought it from thanks for your help pal much appreciated 👍
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
Five or ten year warranties are a marketing gimmick. Make a claim on year 3 or 4 and they will just write it off as an uneconomical repair. Then because you had x amount of years usage out of said device will only offer to pay you £50 towards a replacement.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
GJF
Journeyman
Options

This is disgraceful, I am going through the same issue having bought through SAMSUNG!

0 Likes
cheshireman
First Poster
Options
Small claims court.?If you have a warranty in writing why not ?
0 Likes