Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 TVs/QE55QN95 Freesat Guide Synopsis Not Updating - firmware 2210

(Topic created on: 02-04-2024 11:22 PM)
Rwaggers
Apprentice
Options

My QE55QN95AATXXU has recently updated its firmware to 2210.

I now find that the Freesat Guide won't update the program synopsis at the top of the page.

If I re-tune to 'Satellite' (rather than 'Freesat', the guide works fine.  It seems to be the Freesat guide that has the problem.

I've tried re-tuning and I have also factory reset the TV with no success.

Is anyone else having this problem and, if so, is there a workaround?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
MrRolli
Journeyman
Options

Thanks so much, we look forward to a timely resolution.

🙂👍

0 Likes
AntS
Options

No worries.

My TV/AV colleagues have advised that a permanent solution will be provided in a future software update. But, as a temporary workaround they've advised:

• The issue may clear if you close and re-open the Freesat programme guide.
  • The terrestrial EPG is unaffected by this issue, so if you have a terrestrial aerial you could use the terrestrial tuner as an alternative to Freesat.
0 Likes
Rwaggers
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the update. Sadly, opening and closing the guide doesn't help and living in a 'Freeview Light' area means switching to Freeview isn't really an option.

Good to know, however, there's a fix in the pipeline.
0 Likes
MrRolli
Journeyman
Options

I too get my Freeview signal through a repeater and the signal isn’t strong enough. With very few channels on offer.  So this isn’t an option,  but I’m pleased to know it is now a recognised glitch and there maybe a fix on the horizon. Toggling the guide did nothing for me either.

0 Likes
HoraceD
Journeyman
Options

Hi @AntS 

Many thanks for picking this up and raising it internally.

My model is QE50Q60AAUXXU

Software T-NKLADEUC-2210.1, BT-S

I've tried all sorts - channel refreshes, even the factory reset as a result of the TV getting rebuilt after the 'back creeping mark' issue, but doesn't change it.

The Freeview guide does work ok, but Freesat gives a better picture and channel selection so we'll live with the inconvenience for a while. Have your team given any indication how long it might take to get a fix into another release?

Thanks again

AntS
Options

Cheers - and no worries,  @HoraceD. At this moment in time there's no indication of how long it'll take to get the fix into a future release; but any news on it that I hear I'll let you guys know in this thread. 👍

Rwaggers
Apprentice
Options

Is it possible for me to roll back the firmware to a previous build? 

0 Likes