Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 QLED Q80T QE55Q80TATXXU - dark spots on screen

(Topic created on: 23-08-2021 02:53 AM)
Swiftbrand
Apprentice
Options

Hi

i have a dark spot on the screen showing on all content and tests, see pictures below. I have tried unplugging the tv and plugging it back in after a minute, no change. Please help.

53FF65F8-FC5F-4BAE-9998-6A5A4163D8CF.jpeg

87F54F70-B452-4079-BCED-0F7450F5CCEB.jpeg

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Joogle
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the fast response. Ok, I also text them via support and they responded very fast. So let's see what it will be.

0 Likes
Brian504
Apprentice
Options

Apprentice, what email or phone number did you contact Samsung with? I', in the same boat and can't seem to get the right contact.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Brian504: If you're based in the UK, and experiencing a similar issue with your TV, then you can reach out to our Support Team via the link below. 

Help & Contact | Samsung United Kingdom

0 Likes
YoungJim
First Poster
Options

I had the exact same problem on the same model that started six months after purchasing TV. I contacted support and set up an appointment for an authorized Samsung Service Tech to come look at the TV because the TV has a 12 month warranty. Two days after the dark spots started they disappeared so I canceled the service request. I wanted to have the tech look at the TV because I’m afraid the spots are going to come back but I was told I’d have to pay for the service tech to come out if no issues could be found with the TV. The bottom line is that is a lot of money to pay for a TV that has a “spotty” performance. 

0 Likes
Joogle
Journeyman
Options

I had this problem twice, and contacted them instant. The second time was 1 month later after the repair. The repair service came again, they were very surprised. They never saw it with a replaced screen.

No costs for all the services.

0 Likes
DIY15
Student
Options
  • My tv is a  2021 QN90A 65” NEO QLED. I have a see through brown spot almost in the middle of the screen. No one seems to be commenting about brown see through spots. It’s not dirt and I can see the picture on the other side. If there is a face in the middle of the screen it looks like a bruise twice the size of a postage stamp on their face. 
0 Likes
Brian504
Apprentice
Options

That looks exactly like what was wrong with mine. They will keep getting bigger. My tv was 10 months old. I had just bought it from Sams. I filed a claim through Samsung and it was covered. They sent a local repairman out and he ordered a new panel. Once the it came in, it only took him about an hour to completely replace it. I’ve had it for a while now, and I have not had a repeat. Definitely file a claim.