Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Q60T QLED TV (UK) - Does it come with a Screen Protective film that needs to be peeled off?

(Topic created on: 05-06-2020 05:24 PM)
Pulcina79
Apprentice
Options

Help please: when we unboxed the new TV there was no screen protector to peel off, only the ones on the side and edges. I found it quite unusual. Now I wonder if there is indeed a protective plastic sheet on the TV screen and if it could be the one shown in the picture below. Shall I leave it be? It seems pretty unusual that the screen has this edge. Many thanks for the help.is this a screen protector we need to peel off?is this a screen protector we need to peel off?

0 Likes
45 REPLIES 45
K702
Apprentice
Options

Hello @pulcina79,

Just bought the TV today, and same question : Do I remove this film or not ?  .. Well, I guess I won't remove it since it seems pretty stuck, tried to see if it was coming off but it didn't.  Theyy should add some note in the user manual to let customers know about it! 

Even with that film the image quality seems very clear, but I have some light reflection which I assume is normal since this is not a high end TV.

Anyway, thank you for your feedback! 

InfectiouSmile1
First Poster
Options

We received our TV on Friday....partner saw a corner of film on the screen lifting off & proceeded to peel this morning...definitely shouldn’t have done. Tears, swear words, absolutely gutted. We spent a lot of money on this tv & now await a repair quote, & the 1 year warranty is now void. Sense the atmosphere in our house today....Really feel Samsung should make this more known/obvious that the film should absolutely not be removed!!! 2 day old TV ruined, & would not be surprised if the repair costs half as much as the TV which we cannot afford 😭 Bad design, it peeled away pretty easy at first so I suspect it’s a mistake many customers may make. Be warned!!!! 

98F98175-7E3F-4715-93F6-2D9136EEDC90.jpeg

srvo
Apprentice
Options

That's what I feared! Thanks for confirming that this film should not be removed (even if it was in the hardest way possible 🤢). I've been itching to peel this film off ever since I got the tv and I'm amazed I've resisted this long. I'm sure glad I did though! I hope Samsung read this thread and do the following...

- Improve the fit of the film so that it goes all the way to the edge and doesn't look removable

- Include clear instructions that this film should never be removed

- Replace/repair  's tv for free

BruceM4
First Poster
Options

PEEL OFF the screen protective film, based on 2020 QN65Q90T QLED

Samsung QLED buyers, you need to PEEL OFF the screen protective film where a couple of small barcodes are placed. This is a very thin & very outer one (like food warps). Samsung Manual doesn't describe this & confusing messages on the net. So the installation would be; 1. Take it out from the box & place it where you want to put it 2. peel off two plastic (white) protectors on each side of the screen 3. peel off the outer screen protector, where you see the barcode stickers on the screen This will enhance the black level, light reflection, and total quality of images. For me, it was eye-opening & making a huge difference.

0 Likes
Jj232
First Poster
Options

How much was repair, if you don’t mind me asking? We had bubbles in ours and so thought it was meant to come off

0 Likes
PorkChopKid
Apprentice
Options

*** DO NOT REMOVE THIS FILM *** I did and it destroyed the TV!  Here is a video about the end result....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htsLNkLjLvA

DeniseMaurer
First Poster
Options

Did the same thing. I hope everyone reads through this thread. Were  you able to have it repaired reasonably?

0 Likes
Screenprotector
First Poster
Options

I did remove the protector shield (big mistake) on my QLED 58" tv that 

purchased week ago, and now the screen is just white with sounds.

Such a technology that the screen depends on the plastic shield.

I've put the plastic cover back (ugly) with Scotch tape and voila, picture is back.

Now can't find any answer from Samsung, or authorized repair shop near by.

Samsung, help please!

16060577747053496205064263192872.jpg

16060578443443584623629239349055.jpg

Dave A.
0 Likes
Holtey
Journeyman
Options

Just bought the Q70T 55inch, bought it Thursday turned it on Friday screen peeled off half way then realised the screen was white. We took it back to Worten in Tenerife and they pulled it all off, all ripped and put it back in the box. They asked could we speak Spanish we said no, they said take it away and phone Samsung Monday, stood there 4hours completely ignored us. The worst customer service ever. To be completely honest what company with produce such a poor product. 

0 Likes
Members_bvWETCn
First Poster
Options

Horrible.... I don't understand, why is allowed stick the foil like that?? Samsung should be cover it under plastic not leave like that!!!  Really I'm disappointed... we started peeled off.... why they didn't write do no do it?? It is huge company with really strange foil on screen.... it should be clear information about it!!!!!! SAMSUNG shame on you!!!

20201219_184457.jpg

0 Likes