Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Q60T QLED TV (UK) - Does it come with a Screen Protective film that needs to be peeled off?

(Topic created on: 05-06-2020 05:24 PM)
Pulcina79
Apprentice
Options

Help please: when we unboxed the new TV there was no screen protector to peel off, only the ones on the side and edges. I found it quite unusual. Now I wonder if there is indeed a protective plastic sheet on the TV screen and if it could be the one shown in the picture below. Shall I leave it be? It seems pretty unusual that the screen has this edge. Many thanks for the help.is this a screen protector we need to peel off?is this a screen protector we need to peel off?

0 Likes
45 REPLIES 45
Holtey
Journeyman
Options

DFFD6B40-3706-4BB6-B658-E620A1B3EF84.jpeg

0 Likes
Holtey
Journeyman
Options

DB63EB36-7B61-42DE-8B28-6F0E80F105A9.jpeg

0 Likes
Holtey
Journeyman
Options

Please look at my recent photos, don’t remove this as at the moment they will not replace mine. 

0 Likes
demoncamber
Student
Options

You couldn't be more wrong. This model specifically and most of the 2020 models that have this film in the picture DOES NOT COME OFF and will ruin the tv entirely.

0 Likes
demoncamber
Student
Options

This is for a completely different model, not applicable to the T series.

0 Likes
Holtey
Journeyman
Options

Hi

Yes fully aware now. £700 in the bin, absolutely ridiculous. A company as big as Samsung can produce such a TV like this is unbelievable. 

Dazzall
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I'll tell you a story about QE55Q77TAT. I ruined my first TV, because I removed the film (part of it, in the corner). It looked just like something to be removed. And now the best part. I've just received a new TV (I bought another one). Bought it in the same store. The same model. And there is protective film on it. Just thin film. So, how is it possible, that the same model has different protections?  Really don't understand what is going on. 

Sigitas1
First Poster
Options

Hi, this is where the screen saver search and removal ended. The TV was damaged due to the factory sticker.3.jpgIMG_20210501_171251.jpgIMG_20210503_140650.jpg

0 Likes
Sigitas1
First Poster
Options

We bought two Tvs and there was no protective screen film, although the sticker informed that it is there and needs to be removed. How can a company like Samsung make mistakes?

0 Likes
Holtey
Journeyman
Options

Hi Yes how can a company as big as Samsung provide such a tv. We’ve been fighting for 4 months and finally thrown the towel in. Samsung have finally ended by saying it was my fault and that’s it. Don’t know where next so the tv will be in the bin.