Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen peeling on side, adhesive no longer sticking

(Topic created on: 27-12-2023 03:09 AM)
Ryan209
Apprentice
Options

See picture. TV is 3 years old. Any fix for this? Has been going on for a few months now. At first I could push it back in and it would “restick” but now the adhesive is almost gone and no longer sticking. A 3 year old TV should not have this problem. Why can’t products be built to last like the old days? Any help is greatly appreciated.

IMG_0437.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5
Beta22
Voyager
Options
Have you tried reaching out to Samsung Support for help? Sounds like something that perhaps requires repair.
0 Likes
Ryan209
Apprentice
Options

I haven’t but I guess that is the next step. Was hoping I could buy something and do it myself. Maybe a silicone adhesive in a syringe or something? Curious if anyone else has had this problem. I’m sure Samsung will charge a pretty penny for a repair. Thanks for responding.

0 Likes
Troic
First Poster
Options

So weird, my 65in is only 2yrs old and same thing is happening to me. I’m glad I’m not the only one and my warranty of course is over.

0 Likes
Ryan209
Apprentice
Options

I’ll let you know what Samsung says. I have a ticket in for someone to contact me.

0 Likes
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Usally this happens when it's down to incorrect strain on the frame, ie the bracket is tighter on one side or you have a fire or another heat source under it.
0 Likes