Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Q60T QLED TV (UK) - Does it come with a Screen Protective film that needs to be peeled off?

(Topic created on: 05-06-2020 05:24 PM)
Pulcina79
Apprentice
Options

Help please: when we unboxed the new TV there was no screen protector to peel off, only the ones on the side and edges. I found it quite unusual. Now I wonder if there is indeed a protective plastic sheet on the TV screen and if it could be the one shown in the picture below. Shall I leave it be? It seems pretty unusual that the screen has this edge. Many thanks for the help.is this a screen protector we need to peel off?is this a screen protector we need to peel off?

0 Likes
45 REPLIES 45
fralismsao
First Poster
Options

It would appear obvious to remove the film. However I have not found anywhere in the literature that says to do that. There was one sticker on the tv and two places in the paperwork that shows a film  corner peeling with a circle and a line through it. Only mention of removing film I could find is from over the light sensor. Im confused.

0 Likes
BrisLin
Journeyman
Options

Exactly the same issue here. Unbelievable that these problems have been raised on Samsung's forum for over a year, so they're well aware of them, yet are still failing to provide clear warning against removing the antiglare screen, or even better, to seal it off so it's not likely to be removed in error. I'm so angry that this has happened and the TV is fit for nothing, right out of the box. Just posted a detailed account as a separate post (hoping to reach as many people as possible).

0 Likes
Holtey
Journeyman
Options

Hi

Just read your message. As you are aware this happened to me in Nov last year in Tenerife. We live in the UK but try to spend the winter months in the Warner climate. When returning to the UK I tried and tried to get Samsung to acknowledge it was a fault with their TV after spending 6 months and 100’s of emails calls etc they have said it was my fault and nothing they will do to help. We came back to Tenerife and yes the tv is still here in the box and I’m really reluctant to throw away just in case they change there mind. In fact yesterday our friends came round and I took it out of the box to show them, they couldn’t believe it. Let’s hope something happens. I’ve had a quote and they want 400 Euros to repair. What’s your thoughts ?

BrisLin
Journeyman
Options

Yeah absolutely! I saw your dramas and really feel for you. I even screen-shotted all of those posts pertaining to the issue and sent them to Samsung as part of my case that they KNOW about this issue and yet still haven't warned customers. My TV is a newer model than the ones complained about on the forum, so Samsung has had time (over a year) to get on to this but hasn't.

The quoted repair is the same price as you were told - almost 90% of the price I paid for the TVC and never even got to use it!

I've tried pretty much everything I can come up with and have been like a dog with a bone to retailer, Samsung, Australian Consumer Complaints Commission etc, but all for naught so far. Totally over Samsung now.

0 Likes
TazSob
First Poster
Options

Found this on yt. It should be linked in the thread https://youtu.be/iPsE5Hd-PeA

0 Likes
Holtey
Journeyman
Options

Hi, thank you for your message. It’s really unbelievable that they have now put this information for all to see. The tv worked for 20mins and it is now useless. It’s in our holiday home which due to covid we’ve not managed to get back out there as yet. The. Tv is still in the box but will have to be thrown in the skip. We are still very disappointed with Samsung and we’ll never buy anything from them again. We are just another customer out of millions so they won’t miss us. SAMSUNG YOU ARE A COMPANY. 

NORCALGXP
First Poster
Options

Thank you Samsung, just picked up my new tv today and tried  to peal off the protective cover like I have an all the other Samsung tv's I have purchased. Big mistake on my part after reading the posts here. Samsung should update the instruction to state that this film should not be removed. In the garbage now will by a new Sony instead.

BrisLin
Journeyman
Options

I think the biggest insult of all is that they know and still don't care enough to affix a sticker on the screen. A few cents investment for them and hundreds or more dollars loss prevention for the customer. I agree, I'm done with the company for life and tell everyone I know to avoid them. Maybe the loss of one customer doesn't make a difference to them but word of mouth travels fast these days. I've left poor reviews on ProductReview and the Australian Consumer Association's site. Samsung can reap what it sows.

0 Likes
BrisLin
Journeyman
Options

So sorry you're a casualty of this debacle too. All they need to do a put a sticker on the screen. They know about this but just don't care. Hope you have better luck with Sony. 👍

0 Likes
Holtey
Journeyman
Options

Hi thanks for your message. Its really unbelievable that you should reply today. The tv was bought in Tenerife for our holiday home we live in the UK. It’s been many months due to covid but we came back on Saturday. The memories came back the new tv was still in the box. On Monday I decided to take it to the only Samsung repair centre on the Island. On Tuesday the quote came through 405 Euro. I decided to say ok and funny enough I’m collecting it today. I really hate paying this but it was either put it in the garbage or pay the 405 for the repair. Maybe a wrong decision. Samsung wouldn’t even share the cost 😢😢😢

0 Likes