Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 QLED firmware 1401 subtitle bug

(Topic created on: 16-08-2022 08:49 PM)
FrankieSomeone
Pioneer
Options

Looks like firmware 1401 breaks the subtitles for files played from USB devices.
Once the first one appears, instead of ending when it should, it stays visible forever or until the next title replaces it.

This happens on my Q90R and I also tried a total factory reset but it didn't fix the problem.

89 REPLIES 89
oliv2000
Navigator
Options
I have the 55" Samsumg Ru7475 model with the August 2022 update of firmware 1401. Broken subtitles as everyone has. I find the lack of attention on the part of Samsumg to solve this problem shameful. Almost 7 months have passed without any solution It seems that Samsumg performs planned obsolescence with its TVs, otherwise it is not understood. I have read in the US forum that a joint lawsuit is being raised
oliv2000
Navigator
Options

I have the 55" Samsumg RU7475 model with the August 2022 update of firmware 1401 broken subtitles as everyone has. I find the lack of attentionon the part of Samsumg to solve this problem shameful. Almost 7  months have passed without any solution it seems that Samsumg performs planned obsolescence with it is not understood. I Have read in the US forum that a joint lawsuit is being raised

heathrun
Explorer
Options

I have asked them again.

PLEASE - everybody - write to them with this issue!!! This is getting really annoying...

Samsung Support <hotline@email.support.samsung.com>

0 Likes
oliv2000
Navigator
Options

I will write them but  I think that Samsumg will not solve it. This looks like scheluded obsolescence through an update

0 Likes
Ultra92
Voyager
Options

I got an information from official support that Samsung is aware of this bug and is hard working for fix, but there is still no information when it will be released

Ultra92
Voyager
Options

Around July 2023 should be an update available according to official Samsung support. Yeah, it still gonna takes almost a whole year, which is sad, but at least it will be fixed. 

Costas D
Apprentice
Options

Same with 55''RU7092 please Samsung fix this !

Members_PG7J2jb
Journeyman
Options

I reported to the technical team and they tried to explain that the problem with the USB stick. Why people sitting there who does not know for it? The half price LG TV play the movies and subtitles without problem.

The samsung act this method with eveery single stuff. Buy it and throw after 2 yrs. No more samsung product again.

0 Likes
heathrun
Explorer
Options

After having reported this bug, which is so easily reproducable, to Samsung multiple times... after writing here, in a forum that Samsung themselves neither moderate, nor give a flying f about, obviously, I have lost all faith in that company.

I have written to Support again, asking for an update, but I dont think their response will be honest.

I can only repeat:  everybody reading here, should write to

Samsung Support <hotline@email.support.samsung.com>

and link this thread and ask them to immediately fix their bug

0 Likes
Members_bu8RgnP
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have the same issue with my QE65RAT 

Is any option to restore firware the previous version ??? 1395.2

0 Likes