Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablet regional version lock?

(Topic created on: 10-01-2023 12:04 PM)
Members_5anYpAh
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I am looking to buy an A8 Tablet WiFi-version, but sadly the 64GB and 128GB versions are either not sold by stores or sold out online.

On Amazon I have the chance to get versions from different countries - like Italy or Spain - but I am not sure how that affects the usability.

I've read online that phones are region locked and can be unlocked with a sim card, but the tablet would not have a sim slot, so that would not work.

As I am traveling between countries and continents a lot, I would like to be able to use it everywhere. Is there a lock if I get a tablet from a different country?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
NHPIXELSPHOTOGRAPHY
Pathfinder
Options
Not aware tablets have a regional lock. Maybe worth speaking to samsung in shop or via chat to confirm this.
0 Likes
Members_5anYpAh
First Poster
Options

No clue, but looks like they are "hard" region locked. I can only buy the 32GB version in my country, the neighboring countries get the 64 and 128GB version no problem. Even the Samsung shop does not list them ... for whatever reason

0 Likes
jpd80
Navigator
Options
I got the A8 10.5 64gb from amazon and works everywhere I have taken it no problem. and it said was Spain variant. I've had no issues with it and was updated on Saturday 7th to Andriod13 and one 5 on Saturday 7th. I'm UK based
mrjs
First Poster
Options
jpd80 Many thanks, I was about to send mine back. I'll try Setting it up then
0 Likes