Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S9 Ultra Search in apps (physical keyboard)

(Topic created on: 30-11-2023 06:53 PM)
Ophion
Apprentice
Options

I just received my new Tab S9 Ultra and Keyboard Cover. Really beautiful device, but there's one thing driving me mad:

when I hit the search button on the keyboard, the app folder opens. Fine. Now I expect to be able to type away to find the app I want to launch.
but what happens is that a random folder is selected...

I have to tap into the search bar on top, before I can type anything.

This certainly can't be working as designed, is there any configuration I can change?

I was expecting something like the spotlight function known from a competitor, but as it is right now, every workflow is crippled by having to click into that search bar every single time.

Any help greatly appreciated, as I'd really like to love this device, despite several Android-specific shortcomings.

2 REPLIES 2
Members_DHcaaDB
First Poster
Options

Yeah, I'm surprised that there aren't more complaints about this. If you don't want to lift your hands off the physical keyboard, you could press shift-tab twice for the focus to move to the search bar, I wish it would just default to that (or at least that it was customizeable). 

0 Likes
Ctux
First Poster
Options

This seems to be a bug in the latest updates to OneUI. I used to press it and it opened the default assistant app but since the update it now opens the app screen like you're experiencing. Did you find a solution to this? It was great how it used to be but a useless button now.

0 Likes