Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S3 - problem with storage changing back from SD card to Internal storage

(Topic created on: 26-04-2020 09:27 PM)
Bat616
First Poster
Options

Where I'm able to do so, I've set the default storage for apps on my Tab S3 from Internal to SD card to save on memory. However, the storage location keeps reverting back from the SD card to Internal without prompting which maxes out my  internal storage (presumably when updating?). Is there any way to prevent this from happening as it's really annoying! Thank you

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@Bat616: Most applications cannot be stored externally, which might explain why the storage location is defaulting back to internal storage. What I'd recommend is storing your media files (photos, videos and music) on your SD card, and leaving your internal storage free for applications. Apologies for any inconvenience this might cause you.
0 Likes
Bat616
First Poster
Options

Hi, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. My media files are being stored on the SD card where I can, but this still doesn't leave me with much spare storage space. I appreciate that most apps and data need to be located on internal storage, but for those that give you the opportunity of being stored on SD card, I don't understand why this keeps switching back to internal storage? Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this a common problem? Can anything be done to stop this happening? 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Bat616: I'm not sure what could be causing this. All I can suggest is regularly backing up your device and either moving personal and media files to the SD card, or deleting non-essential data from the device after the back up is complete.
0 Likes