Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Tab A will not unlock

(Topic created on: 14-09-2020 10:46 PM)
JoannaKathryn
Apprentice
Options

My tablet is only 3 months old. Was working perfectly before dinner. Picked it up after dinner to resume work, but after swiping to open, saw message on screen 'try again in 30 seconds' That was 3 hours ago. I did not enter the wrong pattern.. this happened whilst I was busy elsewhere. I am unable to power off or restart. I have tried findmyphone to reset, but getting an error message there too! I'm frustrated beyond words. Please can anyone help out there?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JoannaKathryn
Apprentice
Options

I let my battery run down to 0% and left it for half an hour, totally dead. Nervously connected the power again and crossed fingers! It worked for me. No issues since. I still wonder WHY it happened in the first place though? Good luck :smiling-face:

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @JoannaKathryn 

Are you still having this issue or did you manage to get it sorted out?

0 Likes
Denislav
Apprentice
Options
I have exactly the same issue!!!
JoannaKathryn
Apprentice
Options

I let the battery run down to 0% and die. I left it for 10 minutes then plugged it into charger. This resolved the issue for me! Good luck!

0 Likes
natbrookes
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem.  I don't want to factory reset AGAIN after a recent update sent my Tab A into a restart loop 🙄😤

Fingers crossed it fixes once  I let the battery run down

Edit: just found the solution on this thread 

Hold down the power button and volume down until the tablet restarts!

Eva35
First Poster
Options

Just woke up to the same issue with my tablet and won't work either pressing Power + Volune down button. Is there any other way to resolve this? I keep getting the 'Try again in 30 seconds' message and still no change!

Solution
JoannaKathryn
Apprentice
Options

I let my battery run down to 0% and left it for half an hour, totally dead. Nervously connected the power again and crossed fingers! It worked for me. No issues since. I still wonder WHY it happened in the first place though? Good luck :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Alan-UK
Journeyman
Options

I have been periodically have same issue for past few months.  Says PIN is incorrect/wait 30s.  I do hard restart (hold power & volume down keys for 10 aeconds) and when it boots up again miraculous my PIN works again. I have not changed PIN since I bought tablet last summer as my children remember it. 

DebraFoster
First Poster
Options

This is so aggravating. I have the same issue

Thank you soooooooo much. I tried that and it worked. thank  you thank you

0 Likes
Molly_19
First Poster
Options

Yeah, same thing happened to me with my tablet pattern unlock and held the power button and volume down.. seems to be working now

0 Likes