Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung s5e wifi issue on Android 10

(Topic created on: 03-07-2020 03:20 PM)
Jackthelad
Journeyman
Options

Ever since the update to Android 10 on July 1st, every time my tablet screen is switched off the wifi will also switch off on the tablet. I've been through all the settings including the developer options and I can't see anyway to stop this. I've reset my settings too, but to no avail. I've had to download an app on the Play Store to keep the wifi on.

Is this a bug or an intended feature of Android 10? And does anyone have any idea how to fix it, other than with a permanently running background app?

Go to solution
127 REPLIES 127
Ofiaich
Pioneer
Options
Hi PedroUK!
switched my S5e on for the second time this morning. First time it picked up my Wi-Fi connection automatically, checked emails etc, then switched off for 2 hours. Just switched on again and my Wi-Fi automatically connected again.

looking hopeful!
Ofiaich!
0 Likes
PedroUK
Journeyman
Options
Hi Ofiaich
I too updated my wife's & my s5e's and WiFi is fine on both after switch-on. Well done to you et al for persisting to resolve this issue. I will monitor for a few days.
PedroUK
Ofiaich
Pioneer
Options
thanks PedroUK!

mine has worked correctly after the third switch-on! Thanks to all here who chipped in and persisted with this!

Keep well and safe everyone!
Ofiaich!
0 Likes
MKRUS
Explorer
Options

Very good for everyone having received the update! Unfortunately, the update has not arrived here. Why, I don't know. I am still on version ending in ...TG3/...TF7. The latest version is ...TI1 released 9/23/2020. Is the version the UK one? I am in the US.

Ofiaich
Pioneer
Options
MKRUS, I am not sure how to find out if the update is regional. I looked a clue in settings but couldn't find anything.

I hope it gets released for you very soon!
Ofiaich!
0 Likes
Ofiaich
Pioneer
Options
MKRUS, I am not sure how to find out if the update is regional. I looked a clue in settings but couldn't find anything.

I hope it gets released for you very soon!
Ofiaich!
0 Likes
Jackthelad
Journeyman
Options
The wifi seems to be working as it should. No dropouts when the screen is off at all now.
MKRUS
Explorer
Options

Thanks to everyone trying to help. I will try the Samsung USA support via a chat. I appreciate everyone's effort. Take care.

Ofiaich
Pioneer
Options
hope all goes well! Maybe information in this document will help US Samsung to help you!

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-T720/BTU/doc.html

Ofiaich
0 Likes
Ofiaich
Pioneer
Options
Hi MKRUS! I hope Samsung USA Support fixes things for you! Hope too that this document is useful!
Ofiaich

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-T720/BTU/doc.html
0 Likes