Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung s5e wifi issue on Android 10

(Topic created on: 17-07-2020 12:46 PM)
Jackthelad
Journeyman
Options

Ever since the update to Android 10 on July 1st, every time my tablet screen is switched off the wifi will also switch off on the tablet. I've been through all the settings including the developer options and I can't see anyway to stop this. I've reset my settings too, but to no avail. I've had to download an app on the Play Store to keep the wifi on.

Is this a bug or an intended feature of Android 10? And does anyone have any idea how to fix it, other than with a permanently running background app?

127 REPLIES 127
Pedalwood
First Poster
Options

I've been experiencing a similar issue with wifi since the upgrade. My S5e tablet continually says there is no WiFi signal where it was previously OK. My phone sitting next to the tablet has no issues. It seems like the tablet WiFi antenna is not working at full power.

0 Likes
PedroUK
Journeyman
Options

I find, now, that every time I boot up my Tab s5e I have to switch the Wi-Fi off and then on again and after that everything works OK. Like you I've never had such a problem with my S9 with Android 10. Perhaps a future update will fix it. 🤞

0 Likes
Austroplebeia
Apprentice
Options

I've got the same issue.   I've tried everything,  confirmed with my ISP and Samsung.  Only thing left is factory reset but am reluctant to lose all of my links etc.  May just put up with it!

0 Likes
Ofiaich
Pioneer
Options

I will try a factory reset this afternoon but I have little confidence in that solving the issue but that's the only solution offered by Samsung support. 

Ofiaich

0 Likes
Ofiaich
Pioneer
Options

tried a factory reset this afternoon.  WIFI didn't drop whilst using my S5e but when I switched it off for 10 minutes, then back on, it didn't pickup my WiFi! 

Samsung need to work on a fix!

Ofiaich 

Shades
Journeyman
Options

We have the same issue on 2 tab 5e's.  Need a fix.

A even bigger issue is that we experience freezing/lag frequently.  Never happened before, very smooth before the windows 10 update couple weeks ago.  This issue is extremely frustrating.  

Ofiaich
Pioneer
Options

I haven't had other issues after the Android 10 update. Have switched off and on 5 times  now and WiFi doesn't connect. 

I guess Samsung are working on this.

Ofiaich! 

0 Likes
Ofiaich
Pioneer
Options

Had a text chat with Samsung support about my S5e WiFi only tablet. Told them that no issues with Android 9.0 and WiFi issues started with Android 10.

After a very slow chat, I was offered an onsite repair.  A mobile van with all diagnostic equipment comes to the house!  I said OK because I will be interested to see what solution is offered! Wednesday 29th July for the engineers visit!

I told text chat that I have 2 S5e's with the same issue and others had reported it in Samsung Community!  Wait and see what happens! 

Ofiaich 

0 Likes
Pedalwood
First Poster
Options

Have you had any response from Samsung since their visit?

0 Likes
Ofiaich
Pioneer
Options

Hi Pedalwood,

.......   Wednesday 29th July for the engineers visit!

I will report back here.

Ofiaich

0 Likes