Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy tablet

(Topic created on: 19-05-2022 06:53 PM)
JennyWren70
Apprentice
Options
Can anyone help? How do I stop having to sign in everytime? I leave device for a while and have to sign in again
7 REPLIES 7
GanGaleXis96
Apprentice
Options
If you're connected to your tablet, you can scroll down to accounts and backup settings, and then tap any account on your tablet.try logging out..if not..you can reset it from the factory...
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @JennyWren70! Unless I've misunderstood, it would appear that you're referring to your tablet screen going dark and timing out earlier than you would like.

You can adjust that setting by following the suggestions in the guide below:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-stop-your-galaxy-phone-screen-going-dark-or...

Hopefully, this will help. Please let us know.

0 Likes
JennyWren70
Apprentice
Options
Yes, it times out and then I have to sign in. Will have a look thanks
0 Likes
JennyWren70
Apprentice
Options
Had a look and max time out is 1 hour. Is there any way I can stop having to sign in?
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Although we wouldn't recommend completely switching off the lock method on your tablet, @JennyWren70, this article below advises how you can amend it (or switch it off entirely):

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-lock-methods-can-i-use-on-my-samsung-galaxy-d...

Having no lock method represents the lowest level of security available and some features will be disabled as a result. Hopefully, you find a solution that is secure and convenient for you. 👍

TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
I believe you can use smart lock in settings. So if you use it at home and it's obviously safe there you can add your home to the list and when your tablet detects you are at home it won't lock it even if the screw goes off. As soon as you take your device outside from your home it will lock as normal.
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
@JennyWren70 did smart lock work for you?
0 Likes