Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 - Facial Recognition Causing Crash

(Topic created on: 08-06-2022 01:33 PM)
ShadowIT
Journeyman
Options

Whenever I go to set up facial recognition, it crashes the tablet and restarts. This includes trying to set it up from start-up. I have tried setting it up fully and then setting up facial recognition and have the same issue. I have performed multiple factory resets and applied all updates I can find with no luck.

Go to solution
19 REPLIES 19
ShadowIT
Journeyman
Options
This worked for me too! I wonder why it's still affecting Msnow24
0 Likes
Ljd0511
Apprentice
Options

When did you get an update? I'm in the Philippines, latest FW update was May 01, 2022. 

I'm still stuck with the issue. Someone suggested that I wipe cache partition but that didn't help either.

0 Likes
ShadowIT
Journeyman
Options

Not sure when the update was released, but searched for a system update last night, ran it and this fixed it for me

0 Likes
m1lhaus
First Poster
Options

HI Msnow24, I had exactly the same experience. I installed the latest update few days ago, restarted and still - it was not working. I tried the feature today again after reading this thread and finally it works. Give it a go - my version is X800XXU2AVF1 / X800OXM2AVF1 with may 2022 security fixes. 

0 Likes
Ljd0511
Apprentice
Options

Hey guys, thanks. Facial recognition is now working. I had to manually flash the new firmware XM700XXU2AVF1 since it is taking forever for the OTA to be available here in the PH.

@ShadowIT thanks for posting and creating this thread. Now I don't need a trip to the service center.

0 Likes
ShadowIT
Journeyman
Options

No worries, I tried chat with Samsung and followed their steps around different resets as they followed their script. All the way up to factory reset. I was ignored mentioning that it didn't work straight from startup with nothing added. I'm glad you managed to resolve, did you have to flash using a USB stick with USB-C? 

0 Likes
Ljd0511
Apprentice
Options

Used USB C connected to PC. Used Odin to flash the firmware to my tab. Just had to make sure I have the official FW so I don't void my warranty.

0 Likes
ShadowIT
Journeyman
Options

I was wondering how that works regarding the warranty. Now I know. Forums seem to be rather helpful right now 

0 Likes
Benny Scott
First Poster
Options

No. Despite the update. The issue remains.

0 Likes
Ljd0511
Apprentice
Options

Check to see if your FW version is X800XXU2AVF1 / X800OXM2AVF1 or if using TABS8 it would be X700XXUAVF1. Some countries haven't received this particular update. The earlier May 2022 update doesn't have the fix.

0 Likes