Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ wifi toggle button does not work

(Topic created on: 02-10-2022 11:32 AM)
Oneillp111
First Poster
Options

I just got a brand new S7+ tablet and did the setup and it worked fine. An hour later, I went to use it and WIFI was off. I hit the toggle button and it went like it was trying to turn on...but then just goes to off. I have done a factory reset, with no account linked l, no apps installed but same issue. There is no SD card, nothing on it but factory apps. I can't even complete the setup steps because it won't find any networks because the wifi won't turn on....any ideas?? BRAND NEW, NEVER USED!?!?!?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Oneillp111: Where did you purchase the tablet from? If you have returned the device to it's default settings via a Factory Data Reset, and the issue has persisted, then you may wish to reach out to the retailer/seller to discuss your options regarding a refund or replacement.

In the meantime, please try heading to Settings > Connections > Flight mode, and toggle this off if it is enabled. Also, try heading to Settings > General management > Reset > Reset network settings > Reset settings. I also recommend swiping up from your Home Screen > Samsung (folder) > Samsung Members > Press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics > Wi-Fi, and follow the on screen prompts. Does this test produce any errors? 

0 Likes
Oneillp111
First Poster
Options

Hi @AndrewL , thanks for the suggestion. Airplane mode is off, settings reset. I do not have the Samsung members app so I cannot do the diagnostics. As for the replacement, I am working on that too, just wanted to reach out to see if I could fix it myself 

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

While there may be many reasons why your phone's WiFi won't turn on, the common reasons are having airplane mode enabled, third-party apps, and other system settings, such as low power mode

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
Oneillp111
First Poster
Options

Thanks @willjoe , but it is not airplane mode and it is not an app. I got a replacement tablet from Amazon and they let me keep the defective one. Both factory reset. I started them both up at the same time and the newer one found wifi networks and the defective one didn't. It just shows as the wifi is off and will not turn on..  very strange 

0 Likes