Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem doing factory reset galaxy tab S6 Lite - even plugging the tablet to laptop.

(Topic created on: 20-04-2022 09:12 PM)
factory reset
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I am having this issue. my tablet does not want to factory reset. I have tried many ways many time.

when I press power button with down key and then wait for blank screen and press up button holding the power button down, and when I see the samsung logo and release the finger. 

Only get the soft reset.

Why is not working? I have tried all this many time.

Even plugging the tablet to laptop.

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @factory reset  With Tablet connected to laptop via USB   Cable ,press and hold the Power and volume down buttons.  When the screen is blank  move to volume up and power ,release when Samsung logo appears and you should e able to  enter recovery mode.  If you try again can you not access any of the recovery options?

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
factory reset
Apprentice
Options

Hi. Thank you for you reply.

No, I cannot access any the recovery options. I have really tried all that and many times and in different combinations. When the SAMSUNG logo appears it continues normally the boot process no matter whether I release the fingers from the volume up and power or I keep pressing the buttons.

Is there any other way?

0 Likes
Jam23444
Apprentice
Options
If you type in settings 'factory reset' you should be able to do it there
0 Likes
Members_t89pTCG
First Poster
Options

Turn off device press and hold volume up and down now connect USB cable

0 Likes
Britney2023
First Poster
Options

Did you ever get this problem fixed? Sat on the phone for 30 minutes with IT and they were ZERO help. Pretty much told me to throw it away. Brand new, I've only used twice, but can't even lock it! I will FOREVER tell people to just get the iPad because this is freaking ridiculous. It's already bad enough I have to lose my dissertation data and manuscripts from factory resetting, but the fact I can't even do that is a complete waste. I'm a whole engineer and this tablet is trash, trash, trash.

0 Likes