Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Netflix and amazon prime showing black screen after update

(Topic created on: 03-05-2022 10:34 AM)
Leila04
Apprentice
Options

I updated my Samsung tab s6 lite to android 12 about 2 days ago and everything seemed to go smoothly. The next day I tried use my tablet to watch a show on amazon prime and noticed within the first 10 seconds that all I got was audio and a black screen. I looked it up, troubleshot using everything Google said would work and still got nothing. After about 45 minutes I gave up and switched to netflix, only to find the exact same problem, went through the motions again of troubleshooting and getting annoyed for a further 20 minutes before giving up entirely. This only seems to be a problem on streaming apps where you have to pay for content, which is incredibly irritating because subscriptions are expensive and I don't get enough down-time to screw about trying to fix this myself. I've concluded that this must be a bug in the new update, and was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same problem. Please fix this samsung!

Go to solution
15 REPLIES 15
MrMagicman
Student
Options

Reset  Accessibility. @Apprentice your a legend 👏 

Netflix couldn't fix it. Samsung suggests a hard reset.  Dude I'd like to buy you a beer 🍺 

MrMagicman
Student
Options

Legend.  Thankyou. Worked straight away.  Netflix couldnt fix it. Samsung suggests hard reset.  This method was just to easy. I'd like to buy you a beer 🍺 

BobB3
First Poster
Options

This did not work on my A51. Weirdly if I minimise amazon to my home screen the video displays in the small population in portrait mode but if I  turn the phone to landscape it goes to black again in the home screen popup.

0 Likes
BobB3
First Poster
Options

small population in portrait mode should read small popup in portrait mode.

0 Likes
Amre
First Poster
Options

I also, all of the sudden have no video in streaming. Audio is fine and other video apps working. Cleared cache, data, uninstalled and reinstalled. Nothing worked. The preview screen plays fine. The scroll bar across the bottom also shows video as you move through. What’s the deal? 

0 Likes
Members_0raCA6p
First Poster
Options

Great fix, had tried every thing else nothing worked. Did this now got pictures on Netflix and Prime.

0 Likes