Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Netflix and amazon prime showing black screen after update

(Topic created on: 20-08-2022 02:05 PM)
Leila04
Apprentice
Options

I updated my Samsung tab s6 lite to android 12 about 2 days ago and everything seemed to go smoothly. The next day I tried use my tablet to watch a show on amazon prime and noticed within the first 10 seconds that all I got was audio and a black screen. I looked it up, troubleshot using everything Google said would work and still got nothing. After about 45 minutes I gave up and switched to netflix, only to find the exact same problem, went through the motions again of troubleshooting and getting annoyed for a further 20 minutes before giving up entirely. This only seems to be a problem on streaming apps where you have to pay for content, which is incredibly irritating because subscriptions are expensive and I don't get enough down-time to screw about trying to fix this myself. I've concluded that this must be a bug in the new update, and was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same problem. Please fix this samsung!

15 REPLIES 15
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Leila04 

Have you checked to see if there are any updates available for the apps you're having issues with? Go to Settings > Play Store > Account profile (top right) > Manage apps and device > Updates available.

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Digital Rights Management must be broken then but I'm surprised audio plays. Did you clear the cache partition after upgrading to Android 12? Also if you haven't already done so, reinstall the affected apps
Leila04
Apprentice
Options
Hello - I have checked and neither of the apps have any updates available. I checked the Internet some more too and found that this is also a pretty big problem for Samsung users in India. Hopefully it gets resolved soon. Thanks for the response :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Leila04
Apprentice
Options
I have tried both clearing the cache and reinstalling the apps. Irritatingly nothing seems to work. I wouldn't mind so much if these apps were free to use but they aren't. Weirdly the playback acts the same way it does if you try to screen record the show and then play it back in your files, just a blanked out screen with audio. Thanks for the response:)
0 Likes
Em1r1
Student
Options

Hey, I have the same problem on my galaxy a51. I'm using Netflix and ahbo max and they both have the same error, balck screen with only audio. Did you find the solution?

Solution
Leila04
Apprentice
Options
Hey! You're in luck, a guy on the Indian forum found an easy method that immediately worked for me. You have to go into settings, click on 'general management' and then click on reset accessibility. I was a little worried it would screw up my settings because it gives you an 'are you sure' popup but nothing changed on my tablet and both services were working perfectly after this. Hope I could help!
Em1r1
Student
Options

Omg thank you so much. It worked, you just made my day ty 😊!

Jameswalter
Journeyman
Options

Unplug your device from power. Press the power button on the device once and wait 1 minute, or leave it unplugged for 3 minutes instead. Plug your device back in. Turn your device on and try Netflix again.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Restart your device
Unplug your device from power. Press the power button on the device once and wait 1 minute, or leave it unplugged for 3 minutes instead. Plug your device back in. Turn your device on and try Netflix again.

Regards,

Will

0 Likes