Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Intune Missing Certificate issues

(Topic created on: 20-12-2022 07:28 PM)
orsty3001
First Poster
Options

We have around 600 Samsung devices in my organization. They are all managed by MDM. Over the past few months, none of them will retain their wifi certificates. We can clone the group associated with network certificate delivery. This will deliver the certificate but as soon as the device connects to our wifi it loses the certificates. We have a ticket opened with Microsoft but haven't really gotten anywhere with them. They are now pointing the finger at Samsung or Google. 

Is there a fix for this? All of these devices are running Android 12 or 11. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Can I ask what WiFi you use?
0 Likes
orsty3001
First Poster
Options
  • EAP method: TLS
  • Identity: your Company email address
  • CA certificate: MyCompanySSID_WPA_EAP_TLS_NULL_0
  • Online certificate status (if applicable): Don't validate
  • Domain (required for Android 11 or higher):
    1. Americas: na.mycompany.com
  • User certificate: MyCompanySSID_WPA_EAP_TLS_NULL

Details are above. It's Cisco hardware. It requires a certificate to connect. We have a guest network but that has no access to the internal network which these devices need in our plants. All mobile devices are managed by MDM Intune. 

0 Likes
MDM4
First Poster
Options

I know this is an old topic, but we have exactly the same issue. MDM in intune and mobileiron. Two different management platforms. So the "fingerpointing" is to Samsung and Google.

How did you overcome this situation?

0 Likes
orsty3001
First Poster
Options

I'm assuming these are Android 12 devices. I found out it's a bug in Android 12. Zebra skipped supporting Android 12 completely if you pay for their LifeGuard service. You have to upgrade to Android 13 to fix this issue. Same goes for almost anything with 12 on it. 

I found a new bug in Android 13 that only affects Samsung devices with Intune MDM. It will not retail the Wi-Fi settings. I don't have this problem with other makes that have 13 installed. 

I have to disable the Always-ON-VPN to make it work right. 

0 Likes