Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update for the Tab S7 Plus has slowed down my device.

(Topic created on: 26-09-2021 09:28 PM)
Mallone
Navigator
Options
I installed the latest update for the Tab S7 Plus yesterday afternoon and since then my tab has been intermittently lagging and the screen also becomes unresponsive. Is this just a "me" problem or a "we" problem?

I'm hoping that there's a quick fix for this because this is a pain.

Edit:

I've just installed the update. Here are the details of the update: 

Version: T970XXU2BUJ3 / T970OXM2BUJ3 
Size: 303.46 MB 
Security patch level: 1 Oct 2021 

This update has fixed the issues I was having.
64 REPLIES 64
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Wipe cache partition, also download good guardians from galaxy store. Run galaxy app booster. See if this helps.
Mallone
Navigator
Options
Thanks, Fiona. I did run the app booster as soon as I updated but I will try this again and this time with all apps and not just frequently used apps. How do I wipe cache partition?
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
https://youtu.be/IhTsSbXwUIk
If you do not have a pc. USB c headphones plugged in will work to.
Sometimes just rebooting the tab can also help with issues. To reboot hold volume down and power key together until your tablet powers off itself, then restarts.
Mallone
Navigator
Options
Thanks again, Fiona. I will try this.
Mallone
Navigator
Options
I rebooted but the problem still persists and I tried accessing the boot menu using USB C headphones but that didn't seem to work, the tablet restarted normally. I guess I'm going to have to use my computer for this. It doesn't make sense why Samsung requires the need to have the tablet plugged in to a computer 🙄. Oh well.
Mallone
Navigator
Options
It's silly because some people have likely replaced their computers for Samsung tablets and it'd be extremely problematic for them. I may decide to factory reset mine too because I have nothing on it that needs to be backed up. Thank you for your ever present help, Fiona.
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hopefully they change it back in android 12. Let me know if the factory reset solves the issues.
0 Likes
Mallone
Navigator
Options
Hopefully.

I'll definitely let you know.
0 Likes
Mallone
Navigator
Options
I think the problem is now sorted after the factory reset. Let's just hope it stays this way. Thanks again for all your help!